hi

hi

Saturday, November 8, 2008

never a winner

I want to win at Munchkiiiiin! Everyone used up their items on me, twice! And it made other people win really easily. Namely Diana and Phil. We were...spirited tonight. Maybe a little mean.

Half of lit was devoted to talking about current politics and what they mean. Blah blah blah, I hear that stuff enough. I want to talk about scifi!

In Illustration our two class piece is a design for a fountain. We have to do a drawing for a proposal of something that represents Portland. Not really that much of an Illustration assignment. I'm not happy with it. And our final was voted on and we are going to do a design for a float in the Rose Parade! I wanted something, again, that is an actual Illustration assignment. I felt that we haven't done enough in this class. He doesn't assign a workload that is particularly challenging (like this four weeks to do the Snowman comic thing, whatever!). We should do both the Rose Parade thing AND the two page magazine spread for the final. Make it harder for us.

I went to Trader Joe's to do some grocery shopping and lunch getting. Stocked up on multivitamins and some chewable melatonin supplement, to help me with my restless sleeping. I got bananas and apples and chocolate milk and cheese puffs and peanut butter minis. Delicious! Then I went to Ace Hardware to get some Plaster of Paris to start making my puppet.

Had a good lunch, Robin had a bite of my apple, showed the girls the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain videos on youtube.
I'm mostly done with my fountain, I just need to round off the shading.

Started with some of the plaster work on my puppet (when I got home , of course). I filled a glove with plaster to try and make the hand and then carve into it. I will cut it free from the glove tomorrow and see. Then I did a papier mache layer on a balloon but I think I did it wrong...how long does a single layer take to dry? Its just flour and water right? Uhhh. Then I played Munchkin and lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there is salt in paper mashe or however it is spelled. Ask Martha.

Dad

Anonymous said...

At FAMILYFUN, we've sampled lots of papier-mâché recipes, but our favorite is this smooth, light paste that's easy to work with. To make it, combine 1/2 cup all-purpose flour and 2 cups cold water in a bowl. Add this mixture to a saucepan of 2 cups boiling water and bring it to a boil again. Remove from the heat and stir in 3 tablespoons of sugar. Let it cool; it will thicken as it cools. Once it does, it's ready to use.
(I got this recipe off the magic of the internet!) -lp