hi

hi

Monday, November 3, 2008

Gap Kids Radio Sucks Socks

WORK! Oh wow! Overwhelming! Busy! On my feet! Doing a lot! Holy cow!

I was assigned to help customers and do all the cash register stuff. Returns are fairly easy. The major challenge was the person calling and asking for an item to be sent to another store (she really wanted the puffy pink polka dot vest in a size 10). I had a hard time finding some of the discount and I kept hitting cash without totaling the amount of tender I needed to give back to them. No one got too frustrated with me and half the time I rang up the purchases with no help needed. Go me! The first hour was dead so I helped hang up some of the new baby clothes that came in. Casey showed me how to fold with the board. Someone even opened a Gap Credit Card with me! Hooray! I was pretty busy and near the end I was helping put things back on the racks and running about and making sure to ask everyone if they needed help. Most of the time I had no clue and directed them to a higher up. It went quick and I was joyful to be off my feet. Only had one lady be grumpy about the prices (I remarked that they are good quality clothes and last).

I bought some Gap jeans a few days ago and they fit perfectly. Denim fact: it stretches when you wear it so buy a size or two smaller than the ones you are trying on. It should be tight in the dressing room because it will stretch in the next few days of wear. Now all my new jeans fit perfectly. Also it helps to buy jeans in the proper leg length, I have short legs and thus wear the shorter length. They are sewn differently so fit even better (my regular length jeans are good but not great). Just a tip, so anyone want a gift certificate? I've sent a couple out already.

The stuff with clocking in was sorted out. My next shift is another three hour markdown shift. Getting up at 5am is a real joy but I'll get home before noon and be ready to work on whatever needs getting doing that day.

My zombie anatomical drawing looks like crap. I didn't do it right at all. It isn't anatomical, it isn't interesting, it isn't rendered with a good sense of anatomy, it isn't zombies, it doesn't look like who I want it to look like. It's a big piece of DOESN'T!! Arggghhh!! Well, I did it anyway.

And I did my bibliography/thesis for my Given: 1. The Waterfall, 2. The Illuminating Gas essay. Thanks go to Karen for picking up some books on Duchamp for me. She is a real pal.

Lindsay stopped by for a little chat. She is doing some play time thing with kids at the Goose Hollow Inn so she swung by here early to visit. I showed her my picture compilation books and we talked about art and Daniel's Morgan costume. I put on an episode of The IT Crowd for her to watch while I painted her. It's an okay portrait, it needs some more. She looks a little...not gaunt in it. But I think it looks like her. I've missed her, I need to visit Ibanez. See if he has lost the weight he gained under my care.

No comments: