hi

hi

Saturday, September 27, 2008

pancakes vs waffles

My help was enlisted to provide assistance to Karen during the pancake breakfast that all of the RAs were putting on for us. This meant having to get up at 8:30 in the morning on a Saturday. Worth it for all the free pancakes.

I mostly moved things around and kept Karen company. She was the one to actually cook everything for us. Phil came over and brought his own fancy maple syrup and sourdough pancake batter. There were plain pancakes, blueberry pancakes, and chocolate chop pancakes. I prefer the chocolate chip variety. Alexis and two other young ladies joined us for pancakes. We had the door open and the smell probably wafted far but even for free food, it is hard to get up early on a weekend. Diana and Robin had a similar turnout out.

We visited them for a little bit and gave them some of our pancakes, including the extra large one. On the way back we grabbed their sign in a random act of mischief. When Robin came up she saw how we had relocated their sign and later on they retaliated. Robin and Leah slinked into the apartment in a guise of friendliness and shut the door. They kept it closed despite our efforts and when they fled we found our gigantic pancake brutally strung up on the door. We painted a design onto that tender bauble and strung up another, burnt one along with it. This was our declaration of war! The nice students with the apartment above theirs let us dangle our painted breakfast foods down onto their balcony. So far we are winning.

Also I beat Phil and Karen at Scrabble. I won a little accidentally. It was a long but good game with minimal cheating.

After that I've slowly been becoming more and more sleepy. I think I'm going to go to bed really really early. I took a nap but I should just sleep. My body needs it.

No comments: