hi

hi

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I practice my kung fu moves

Oh man, Karen invited us up for a 9:30pm game night and we went to 3:00am. Near the end it was getting intense. We were breaking the rules and pulling cards left and right trying to destroy one another (namely Diana who won twice in a row and almost had a third when everything broke down). Karen, Robin, Diana and I started with a round of Scotland Yard and Diana won. Then we played Munchkin. Between the first and second games of Munchkin, Phil knocked on Karen's door asking if what he had overheard was Munchkin. He joined us and with his boy tactics introduced, we became more willing to screw people over and be all around devastating. I had a strong allegiance to Robin. Munchkin is so much fun, I need my own set now(preferred: Munchkin Cthulhu). The more we know how to play, the better it is. As the night got long, we became more rowdy and it was intense and crowded.

Karen had baked some cupcakes with mint icing for us and to wash it down we had tea and fancy special home made cider. It was delicious!

Earlier in the day, Cecine and I embarked to Safeway with a mission to stock up on food. I was down to pasta, mayo, and meat slices. Now I have some easy meals, bagels, creme cheese, bananas, oatmeal, and cheese steak fixings. Plus udon, eggs, juice, etc. Yeah I'm good to go for a while. We had a lot of groceries but with Cece's motor vehicle it was easy peasy. And we got all of them up to the apartment in one trip.

I finished season three of The Wire. I have no idea what they will do with the next two. Seems like all hell is going to break loose. Can't wait! Also started the Bryan Fuller HBO series Dead Like Me. Fuller did Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies. Dead Like Me is about grim reapers. It doesn't have Lee Pace but it does have Mandy Patinkin.

So I didn't get such a jump on homework, but keep in mind I do have a three day weekend.

No comments: