hi

hi

Friday, September 26, 2008

nylon lederhosen

Both Diana and Karen commented on how much better I am becoming just since the start of this year. I am really feeling it. This is a good semester. A good workload, a good array of classes, and I really love what I am doing.

We did a 30 minute pose in figure drawing and I was feeling really good about it but I think I messed up the proportions between the legs. Still, I'm getting better at slowing down and studying the angles and relations. I'm unlearning all that I learned a year ago and then envisioning it into something better.

Karen and I were in an ice cream mood, despite the chilly clouds coming over the Pearl District. I had chocolate and she had mint chocolate chip. We discussed discussable things. We are planning a collaboration. Basically things that entertain us.

For my midterm project in Science F(r)iction, I am going to do a zine about the red shirted ensigns in Star Trek and about how they are the victims to ensure the Utopia.

During the break I watched Project Runway on Jen's computer. KENLEY!!! ARGH!! She should so not still be there. She is horrible. Suede isn't so good either but she is worse. At least he can take it. And Korto's design was goth rock, not punk. Suede rocked it anyway. Kenley is going home next episode, no question.

For about an hour and a half of the break between classes, I scanned in pieces from my two newer sketchbooks. The scanner doesn't label things and it took me a long time to figure out how to get things to scan in full resolution and not some blocky washed out color. It took a long time but once I got going and figured it out, in no time at all I had 20 lovely pictures all set up and ready to share with the world. But not all at once, I have to space out those puppies to keep people coming back for more. I'll scan some of my other things next break.

Painting was mostly a work day. We looked over our homework. James' studies were spectacular. Bryan had a lovely combination between his style and his subject. Karen's colors were very rich. Erin the Bartender had a choice use of luminescence but maybe not enough darks. Erin from Alaska knew she could do no wrong with Natalie Portman. We also looked through our thumbnails for the next project and Erin B. whipped out some stunning and dark Baba Yaga concept sketches. Reminded me a little of Marilyn Beck's line work. Erin A. is doing a scene from The Road. It will be great to see her work dark and murky instead of color and delight. The most finalized thumbnail I had was confirmed to be the one I should draw. I redrew it larger and checked out some books for reference. I am looking forward to working on it. This painting class is pretty much an instant portfolio booster all around. Thanks Farel!

Oh and earlier today I got some good black ink because the Higgins ink kept coming up with a skin and that is gross. I shouldn't use ink that has a skin.

After class Karen and I cruised the Farmer's Market. We had a lot of chatting to do. I worked on my writing assignments that are due tomorrow and then at around 9 I went up to, yet again, talk with Karen. We drew our own projects and talked about growth and the 8th Dimension. She made fennel cupcakes. A little over cooked but still tasty. Partly because they were half made up of icing.

Now to finish my writing and go to bed! I can't wait to return to art.

1 comment:

The Squirrel Whisperer said...

hmmmmm, interesting.. i need some nylon lederhosens... how'd they turn out?