hi

hi

Monday, September 29, 2008

red and white and red and white and red and red

I bought a Flarke today! And a red Lerberg which I assembled myself. I needed Cece's help with the Flarke, it sits next to my other shelf and both of them look nice and organized. The Lerberg is in my room and is used for art supplies and general miscellaneous items. So yeah, I went to Ikea today! Bought two shelving units which in total came to $35!! Hurray!

It was me, Robin, Diana, Erin, Jamie, and two dudes. We caught the blue max past 100th and transferred onto the red. It was a beautiful sunny day with lots of warmth to enjoy. I had my standard meatball meal and we split a slice of chocolate cake. There was a lady that was fed up with her toddler because she didn't want to wear a bib. She was all, "Fine! Get food on your clothes!" Lady, that toddler doesn't understand what you are yelling at her for. Jeeze.

It was crowded and as we had specific items that we wanted, we breezed through most of the show rooms. I spied out the shelves I wanted pretty quickly. I was looking for weight (so I didn't have to have them delivered), size (lots of shelves), and price (because I'm an art student). I also picked up a three pack of scissors because one can never have enough scissors. Robin and Diana didn't pick up much, they were just there as RA's to monitor and get us max tickets. We all had at least one large item to carry so we did the sneaky and probably against the rules thing and pushed the carts out to the max and dropped our things off. The boys pushed them back to a collection spot, so not like we left them there. A gust of wind caught Erin's mirror and it fell over and broke. It was a Minde, so it didn't cost that much. Still, really really sucked. It took some maneuvering but we got all our things onto the max. Sure we took up a little extra room but on a Sunday afternoon, there were not many people on board. Diana helped me take my shelves to my room. She took care of the heavier shelves so now I owe her a favor.

The Flarke has an ugly white backboard but it blends in easily enough with my white wall and with books over it, it doesn't really matter. I'm so pleased to have the extra storage. And the red is a wonderful red, it goes really well with my room. If I have to buy a color option, I go for red. I might decoupage the Flarke, make it a little more special.

I started watching The Wire season four. Now the show has gotten into the schools and the lives of the kids. It just gets better and better and Prez wasn't featured much in the last season so I am glad to see him return. I am halfway done with my figure drawing homework. My plan was to get all the figures drawn in. Tomorrow I will shade them and study up on Aubrey Beardsley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the economical design of Scandinavian furniture. I hope the broken mirror was not bad luck. Here in Norway, you see a lot of good design.

JS