hi

hi

Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm afraid

To make up for the lack of drawing in last class, we spent the majority of class doing long poses. We had our first male model and it wasn't one that I have had before. He had good twists in his poses. And a cute nose. The nagging of not drawing the model stand is continual. I'm getting better at it though. One pose was supposed to be three in one frame where we just draw over it. He kept one foot in the same spot so it wasn't such a challenge to figure it out in the frame of things. Our thought web is to the point were we can link three things across the web. We will make our own for our midterm so I'm excited for that. Have I explained the thought web? Basically it is a huge link of how things connect in the world. This leads to this that leads to this and so on and eventually it all links together. It is to help us understand the grand scheme of the world.

Then I took a nap in the library.

Then I got a sandwich and read some Lovecraft.

Painting class was also from a figure but she put on costumes. She was one of the regular figure drawing models so that was fun. She only did two poses, the first I colored in part however I wanted and then I put a closeup of her profile behind that image. My skin tones worked for me. The second I laid down three blocks of color in accordance to the dominant color areas of her pose (pink for the head, green for the mu mu, and blue for her pants). It was hard to work into but it is fun to try new things. People were generally in a good mood in class so that made everything a lot more fun.

Karen and I did a quick First Thursday run. A guy in one of those bike taxis gave us a ride down to the Everett Lofts. It was very fun. Portland was very vacant and the streets that are normally bustling with hipster art folks were desolate. I swung by to pick up my much neglected comic box from FWC. There was also Pixu and a Scott Pilgrim art book in stock, and both were good deals. The store looks great and Karen even found something that she wanted (a Lynda Barry book). Jason had some lovely French music playing and the general atmosphere was nice. We went up to check out one of the open studios and the artist mentioned that the other people were not there due to the vice presidential debates. The only time a Portlander will watch TV I guess.

It was dark I had work so Karen and I scooted back to PNCA. I had a nice ride back. It was raining in the morning a little so I couldn't wear the cute outfit I had planned. So I got back and started reading Lovecraft. Then I got scared so my reading response is going to be about that.

No comments: