hi

hi

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

reading, watching, biking

Did any of you see the new House? I'm really starting to like the new character and will watch his inevitable spin off. Heroes is a little bit, odd. Like they are just adding and adding and forgetting some of the chronology and what not. The Wire is awesome, as always.

Today I went to the Comic Club. I didn't go to the first meeting and Taylor kept inquiring as to where I was so I showed up. Lots of new faces with a couple familiar ones. We got a lot of comic jams circulating. I started two, one about a boy eating plants and one about a woman going down a dark alley way. I drew a panel about pregnant ice cream and a person shoving a sandwich at a hipster. We really need to make a binder collecting them all. Karen has about 1/3 of them and Taylor has the others. I think I'll ask student council for like, the 12 bucks to put together the sleeves and binder. We can have it in the library for the time being. I love jams.

After the meeting, Jim and I talked at length about comics, his work, school, and other things. Cece was in the commons doing some art project for class so we monitored her through part of that.

After we bid adieu, I swung by Trader Joes to get things like tea and those mini peanut butter cups that I love so much. There was some time spent at home when I got back but I had to return library books to the public library and get things at Safeway (I split up my shopping based on what is cheaper where). I checked out a book of Italian Movie Posters, a Postsecret book, and The Acme Novelty Datebook: Volume 2. All very cool. Stocked up on juice and butter from Safeway. Dinner was something gnocchi and not Gorgonzola cheese(more pasta saucy). It wasn't as good as the cheese version and burnt a little in the cooking process. Still it was filling and satisfying.

Now to go read more Lovecraft.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the new House - I think they're a year behind on the other side of the Atlantic. However, I do see that the new Heroes is on the NBC website. And, I'll probably watch that in the evening on my computer. Oh - I should be back home on Monday night. Via Amsterdam again.

JS

Anonymous said...

I like the new character in House, almost like the Paul Bettany character invisible friend of Russell Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind." "Heroes" is a bit random in the plot lines, like "Lost" became. I don't like that Mohinder Suresh turned greedy for superpowers and sexy, even though he looks nice without a shirt. They need a better balance between characters with integrity and baddies. Having everyone turning bad gets boring. ~lp