hi

hi

Friday, October 3, 2008

Tintin, what a jerk

In Illustration we spent the whole class doing a comic page. We brought it toys and grouped them in threes and did a story using just the characters from the toys and no words. My objects were Tintin, a model Shelby, and an octopus and I shared them with Marilyn. My story was about Tintin cruising and picking up a hitch hiker (the octopus) and eating it. Marilyn had the octopus looking in the car trunk and Tintin slammed the trunk down on it and drove off. Her inking was fabulous but she sadly didn't get it done. My inking was okay, should have spent a little more time with it. There were some great pieces with exquisite line work and some that were still figuring the medium out. The people who had the Kermit toy were particularly mean about him. Sivonna brought in a doll that she had made and that provided some disturbing imagery. It was fun.

The Lovecraft centered class didn't have as much intense discussion as I am used to. Trevor gave a little presentation about the man and how he is in the grand scheme of history. I was a little drowsy during one point but I didn't fully nod off. Wasn't the most riveting of classes but most people seemed out of it. Next we are moving on the Philip K Dick's Man in the High Castle.

During lunch, Chad talked to Bekka and I briefly about how to get set up as caricature makers. Right now we just need to study and practice and get together a portfolio. For the rest of lunch Lindsay joined us and our little group of four had many laughs about Popsicles and Mavericks. Toon/Lindsay seems to be doing quite well. Her skin looks great.

There was much rain today. I didn't bring my rain pants in hope of it clearing up, but alas I got home in a damp state.

No comments: