hi

hi

Monday, September 29, 2008

silver hatchet

So I finished my ensemble figure drawing for Morgan's class. The shading is very general but it makes parts of the figures stand out. There are jedi, gunmen, picnic goers, nappers, matrix fighters, choke-hold appliers, and general kick and punches all enjoying a day in the park. I'm quite pleased with it. Karen's looks good. Very dramatic and also dark in subject matter. I think Diana is also doing a fight scene.

I grabbed a caramel steamer and tried to read Lovecraft at the place but it was too loud so I went back home and read a part of it. He takes so long to describe the little things. Still, it isn't so painful. I just need to apply myself.

In flipping through one of the many books on Beardsley that I checked out, I came up with a pretty good oral report to present about him. Not so keen on the website portion of the presentation but I think I'll do a good job. Did you know that Burnes-Jones gave him a chance and looked at his portfolio even when his studio stopped doing such a thing? Beardsley rose to being one of the most notorious artists in England at 23. Remarkable!

Watched a lot of The Wire while working on my pictures. Also got Hacker's Manifesto in the mail. I ordered it about three weeks ago, thankfully I don't need it for a couple more weeks. That fit in my mail box but the care package mom sent me had to be picked up specially from the office. It contained lots of sweeties and Tiger's Milk bars and art supplies and MORE sweeties. She makes great care packages and double wraps them for extra opening annoyance.

No comments: