hi

hi

Sunday, August 17, 2008

shark punching and camel riding

I woke up early, just in case Cecine or Lindsay came over while I was still in my jammies (which I wasn't wearing because of the heat).

I went over to Robin and Diana's to return the plunger. Their place is so stylish. Those two make a good pair when it comes to decorating. They insisted their place was a mess, I said it was fine. Diana has a cat that is currently unnamed. She was thinking of a cheese name and I put forth Gouda. I showed Robin how to do the quick fold for teeshirts. They I remembered that I left my kettle on so I dashed back.

Later I went back to their place and brought my new art book to show off. Karen was beyond excited when she saw it. Actually, she wanted to get it for herself and so the suggestion of going to Powell's was brought up. Much fun was had flipping through it and basking in the manly perfection of those pages. Some people came by to borrow a screwdriver to install an A/C unit and Diana took up the RA duty of telling them that they could not have an A/C unit. Wimps, can't stand the heat for more than a day.

The RA's had to trade off before we could go to Powell's. When we were walking to the streetcar, we took turns saying what type of saucy adventure woman we thought we would be. Karen was the arctic jetskier that was bayoneting a Nazi and punching a shark with a Nazi emblem on it. Robin was armed to the teeth and waiting to ambush some commies. Diana was a pirate fighting off weasels while caressing pearls. I was riding a camel in the forest while wielding a machete against commies. Yeaaah!! These are clearly better female stereotypes.

Karen bought the last shelf copy of the book and a couple other discounted art books. Diana and Robin left empty handed. While in Powell's I got a call from Cecine (or Cece) and I gave her the number to call to get her keys established.

After Powell's there was a quick trip into Anthropologie. They have a heavy knit skirt that I love there but it is beyond even contemplating getting. Really pretty though. I love their cabinet knobs. Some were coral shaped. There was a detour in Storables. I left my wallet at home which was a mistake because Storables had the PERFECT door hanging shoe storage thing that I need (and on sale). I'll get it tomorrow.

On the way back we played the "my name is ____, I come from _____, and I come bringing _____" game.

Cecine was out when I got back to my place. I chilled, well I relaxed out of the suns rays and hydrated. It is another toasty day. Watched more of The Wire. That show has really grabbed me.

Cecine is very nice. She and Al, her friend, seemed to dig my bookcase. It does reflect who I am and what tastes I have. Later on in the night I was pulling things off and showing them to her. Maybe I was a little overenthusiastic about sharing. Haha. I helped bring up some of her boxes. I shared some of my cheese cake. I played with her snake, Ganesh. She has two snakes, Ganesh is the larger male one, and the smaller female one is currently unnamed. I think we are off to a good start. Ibanez was a little bit anxious from the new arrival. Lindsay will be by tomorrow to get him.



Holly Update: Holly bats at things. She isn't panting much. She isn't clawing up Karen's place.

No comments: