hi

hi

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

one year in, all of the rest to go

It is my one year anniversary of near daily blogging. It was on this day in 2007 that I left Seabeck for Portland. I am nearing my 400th post. Pretty amazing, huh? I've kept it up so long, shouldn't be so difficult to keep it going now. Go me!

Fire on the Mountain was delicious. Jim and I didn't get any Twinkies after our meal. I can't even imagine how I finished off the first Twinkies after eating what was the same amount as today. Afterwards we went back to his place and watched The Avengers (with Diana Rigg, he has the megaset) and Snuff Box. It was raining as I rode my bike over to his side, and as we walked to and from the wing joint. Not a bad rain though.

Cecine took Al to the airport. I made cupcakes and caught up on my origami calender. We put together the shelving unit she bought at Target. It was a special "no tools needed" kind and seemed to, in the end, take longer than the "tools needed" kind. But it is functional. We were a great team, I'd say. She has quite a few of the same books that I do. I need to get reading.

Chelsey got her Holly back from Karen this morning.

I watched Funny Games (the recent, US version). I didn't like it right when it ended but when the beginning and the end clicked together, I liked it. It was just okay. Sort of a weird, mind game type thing. Probably won't watch it again. The director of the film remade it shot for shot from the German original (that he also directed).

Oh great news: Shepard Fairey is not going blind. I had read that he was going blind from diabetes, but turns out he wasn't. That is great. He is a wonderful designer.

Oh and the thing I heard from a person that may or may not concern me, it may not be as bad as I thought. I'm so tired of juvenile, high school crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We have enjoyed reading your blog. It helps us survive missing you. love, mama-san