hi

hi

Saturday, August 23, 2008

that is some fancy wood

I ran errands like a good girl. I turned in my forms but it was hectic in the office (they were rearranging) so I opted to email all my questions. No reply yet.

I went to Ace Hardware to check out wood for plank & brick shelves and was shocked! A single thingy of wood was about $12! I wanted four shelves at the least. This is supposed to be the cheaper option. Chelsey suggested a better wood place, so I'll check that out soon. I have a vision for long, grand shelves with spray painted bricks. I want to have things organized properly. A lady at Ace suggested a store on 19th & Lovejoy but nothing was there. I swung by Fred Meyer to get all the fixings to make awesome pot sticker filling. A guy liked my helmet and chatted me up a little. He was nice but not my type. I ran into Mel as well. She has awesome new glasses. I couldn't find the door shoe hanger that I wanted, so I'll have to go to Storables and see if they still have it on sale.

Today was the perfect kind of heat. Warm enough to warrant a teeshirt, but not so warm that I was forced into shorts.

The gyoza was whipped up in no time at all. Only one batch tonight. Cecine liked it. Of course she liked it. I made it.

We met up with Robin to go see Mask of Zorro in the park. It was the...park by a street. Uhh. I forget the name of the park, it was in the North East. The Goose RA's have a list of events to try and get us around to see more of Portland. It was only the three of us (Robin, Cece and myself). It was fun. We sat on a blanket and glared at a kid who kept standing up in front of us. It was a little cool and a wind was blowing but I was prepared with a hat and sweater. Michael Hall was there and he came over and said Hi.

The number 6 bus ends and starts its line about two blocks from the Goose. It took us almost all of the way there. Robin accidentally had us get off a few stops early but it was a wonderful walk through the cute Portland neighborhood (the one where she grew up actually). There were lots of cats to pet or try to pet. The bus back was really quick, which made up for the time spent waiting. A guy leered at us but otherwise it was fine.

I need to parcel the pot sticker filling and give it out to people.

No comments: