hi

hi

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

bye bye black cat

While I was out watching Amelie, Lindsay came and took Ibanez away. I forgot to call Cecine and tell her she was coming over. Ibanez and I had a good sleep and a good nap together. I'll miss his company. Maybe I should freight Basil down to Portland.

Karen and I are trying to get back into exercising. I did two 15 minute runs. Or one 15 and one 12. I forget, but it was passable. Robin and Diana joined us. We were one sweaty girl posse.

The four of us stopped by Jackie's room but she wasn't in. We left a note on her white board and left for the 23rd area. Karen drove us there but she wasn't sticking around for long. We went to Paper Source, a spot for all things craft. I picked up some official boards for binding books. I hope to get back into it, it is a fun project. And now that there is a store for all my supplies, hurray! I bought a sheet of cute goldfish paper but I'm not ready to use it for a cover. I have other paper anyway. The store was pretty sweet, but better for those who collaged like Karen and Diana.

There was a detour in some antique shops and Lush but we split up pretty quick. They went to World Market and I went to PNCA. Along the way from 23 to 13, I passed by a guy learning to ride a unicycle.

I saw Jackie at PNCA but I didn't tackle her or anything of that nature. The streetcar was crowded with smelly people.

Ibanez and I napped. Jen invited me to go see Amelie at the Broadway Metro. I invited Cecine and Al, they said they would catch up with me later. Robin and Diana had recently seen Amelie so they said no. Jackie was up for it.

Jen, Erin, and another PNCA girl didn't sit with us (they came in a little later than us, not late though). Broadway Metro shows $5 movies every Monday, next week is Harold and Maude and Ed Wood is after that. Pretty fun stuff. I have always loved Amelie. The color, the composition, the characters. Great work. Cecine didn't go, thinking that they wouldn't have enough time to walk there (it is a 10 minute walk, but oh well). After the movie we knocked on Diana and Robin's door and we came in for tea and chit chat.

The weather was really nice and cool today. It was a warm sort of cool. A teeshirt was warm enough. There was a loud burst of thunder early on.

A guy was recycling some magazines and I grabbed about four old Esquires. I got a few stares while I was digging through the recycle bin, but hey whatever. Not like I was in the dumpster?

No comments: