hi

hi

Monday, July 7, 2008

work out buddy

The Goose has fairly decent work out facilities. I think I am going to start taking advantage of them. Karen and I had a little session tonight. I ran on a treadmill for about fifteen minutes. I did other machines for a bit as well. Should start slow. I got all sweaty but I wasn't entirely dead by the end. We are going to try and make a habit out of it. Possibly a daily exercise! We go at it again tomorrow morning.

I went to a coffee shop, ordered my drink(a caramel steamer), and read some of The Raw Shark Texts. HOLY CRAP is that a dense book. I crawl though sentences and claw my way down through the cryptic and imaginative paragraphs. I had to stop when I started getting overwhelmed. Brilliant work there. The back biography of the author says he studied at a fine art school. I can sort of tell from the writing. I can recognize how it is written and how it is visualized based from how I am being taught how to think about the world. It is an interesting work to use to self examine my own education.

My friend Morgan, his favorite movie is American Movie. I rented it from the school library. It is really sad. It is a documentary about this man who is trying to film a no-budget horror movie. The guy is in Milwaukee and enlists help and money from everyone around him. It takes years for him to finish his short film. It is just so sad and a rather perfect description of people. I liked it but I don't think I would watch it again. I can understand why Morgan likes it.

No comments: