hi

hi

Saturday, July 12, 2008

darn! third time this has happened

I don't even have my rug a week and Ibanez has a big, watery puke on it. Karen leant me some cleaning stuff and I think the stain is gone. I just have to take another little looksy at it. In the meanwhile I am keeping all of my stuff out of the living room and closing my door. Annoying cat. He needs his Lindsay and probably some better food.

Helped Jen move today. She lives down in South West Portland, beyond PSU. Karen and I had a few troubles getting there but arrived on time. It is a complicated area to get to but not so bad. Some cute houses, but right near a big road. Decent enough I guess.

We had to bring her stuff out of the basement of her friend Vanessa's house. Wonderful house and really nice friend(she works at Laika, very cool. There were a few heavy boxes that were a massive pain and struggle to get to the car but most of her stuff was in little boxes. With four people and two cars it took under an hour to load em up and move them into her place. We didn't help unpack. Only one trip was needed. It is nice to help friends.

Jen and Vanessa went to Ikea. Karen and I went to the Goose.

I changed into an unsweaty shirt and we met up again to walk along 23rd looking for a wedding present for a friend of hers. We went into Lush which was a high end designed soap and bath place. There was one goopy thing wrapped in seaweed that caught my eye but I am so not the girl for those kinds of soaps. My tub isn't nice enough to warrant a classy bath. Ohh the smell was intense there. We did a little loop of 23rd (we crossed at around Lovejoy or Kearney). We stopped and got some cool drinks and minty chocolate cake at the Rose Bakery. The waitress had really beautiful dreads.

Karen bought a lovely minicake mold for her friend from the first place that we went to. The girl in front of us in line was buying some tool that had to do with Absinthe. Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't she not be open about what she was needing the tool for? I thought Absinthe was illegal in America. Maybe it is legal in Portland, along with froofy bath salts.

I cleaned the rug when I got back. It looks okay I guess. Might give it another clean tomorrow, just to be sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absinthe is an herbal elixer primarily. It is made alcoholic with vodka and poured over a cube of sugar in a spoon with holes in it. It is commonly drunk in the south of France. There are many recipes, some common ingredients are wormwood, anise seeds, caraway seeds, coriander, licorice, fennel seeds, angelica, star anise, oregano, juniper berries, peppermint...you get the picture. ~lisa