hi

hi

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Minde! Just what I have always wanted!

IKEA!! Oh wow, Ikea is so much fun. I bought a Minde (mirror), a pack of Lingo (magazine holders), an 8-pack of Propp (clothes hangers), a bright orange Saxan and some Ringsjon to go with it (shower curtain and loops), a red and white striped Waldo-esque Sveje (rug), an Elly set (dish towels), a pair of Iris (pot holders), a couple of nice muted green and blue Dinera (bowls), a Magasin set (cutting boards), and a nice new Prompt (cookie sheet). SCORE! And it all came in at $42, can you believe it?

Karen drove. Only about fifteen minutes to get out there. Amazing. It was a nice warm day but I wore pants because I was sure the building would have A/C. We started our venture with lunch: meatballs and potatoes for me, meatballs and fries for her and a slice of moist chocolate cake to share.

We roamed around the second floor looking at the set ups. Their ideas for places with minimals square feet were nice. I think they should have more layout examples for small apartments, perhaps a whole book? I would get that. There were a few people that showed up again and again in the fake photos and we started to make up stories for them.

The second floor proved very fruitful. Beautiful fabrics, every possible type of cup (but not so great in the bowl department), shelving units for every type of thing that could be shelved, and so on. Ikea is wonderful. We were very good about not going overboard because with prices what they were...blimey it would be so easy to pick up lots of little things. I should have brought my camera. I need more shelves but I don't know what set up I will have next semester so I didn't really look at them. Dad could make them better anyway.

There was one child screeching and screeching. Really loud and the parents just looked around, ignoring it.

I've wanted a full length mirror for a while. The Minde was suspiciously affordable. Most of it was odds and ends. A great deal of the pans I have been using are not in good shape (one I think is rusting). They did not have a great selection of pans so I just got the cookie sheet. I need smaller ones with edges. Picked up a shower curtain because the current one isn't in great shape. It is a very bright color that should look good in the bathroom. I need some more color. The rug is nice but I'm not sure how well it fits in the grand scheme of things. I have a lot of cheap stuff that needs some sort of decoration. I have a huge thing of Modge Podge that I should use. Mmm. It will be fun to move things around.

After our shopping and self check out, we sat and ate some frozen yogurt. Mmm. Karen scarfed hers down. I took my time.

Totally exhausted, I took the rest of the day off. I started the day with a vigorous workout with Karen. I was early for once. We listened to Gogol Bordello and got our sweat on.

I've started talking to some of the people on PNCA's homeroom site. Looking into prospective roommates. I think I may have found one.


A view of Ibanez and my Sveje as seen in my new Minde.

No comments: