hi

hi

Friday, July 11, 2008

Tea with J. Lee

Tomorrow morning is Karen and mine's day of rest from exercise. So we are spending it helping Jen movie. Huzzah!

I met up with Jen at Tea Zone for lunch. I flipped through her issue of Juxtapose and we caught up. I had iced tea, she had a flat soda. We both had tasty tasty paninis. Everyone remarks about how long my hair is now. I think it is the longest it has ever been. But anywhoo, the iced tea was nice. It was a perfect warm day. Very bright and snug but not sweltering or melting. After tea we decided to go see Hellboy II.

It was opening day but it was also the 2:00am showing so we had plenty of room and good seats. Three of the previews were for remakes: Death Race, Quarantine(which looks good), and Bangkok Dangerous. Most of them looked plain ridiculous.

Hellboy was fun. While a little ridiculous at time, I enjoyed it. The one liners and jokes were not totally without humor. Guillermo del Toro's creature costumes were superb. That man knows how to make a set and make a monster. This movie will probably age well because of the energy spent into the creation of real things. It went quick. I might see it again on Sunday with Lindsay & co.

Jen is a cool cat.

Lindsay was napping when I got home. She has been working really hard on that backdrop painting. She doesn't want to slow down but she really should for a little moment.

Ibanez really likes to stare at himself in the mirror. He dragged his toy in front of it.

I should get some rest. Big day of heavy lifting and I haven't done any heavy lifting since dragging my suitcase up those stairs in Amsterdam.

No comments: