hi

hi

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Trillzino

Got up at a semi-reasonable hour and went to work. The studios were dark and mostly vacant. Had to locate my broom and dustpan. The smaller one is missing again. They were giving away free sandwiches at school so I got one for lunch and chatted with Jim and Robin a bit. Put in an order for more large bags. I got a cheer when I came around a corner with my arms filled with toilet paper to replenish the bathrooms (they were seriously depleted).

Mostly uneventful day of work. Sat and read. Only two more shifts I have to work and then I am done.

It took me a long time to get into working tonight. A long time. But I think I accomplished a lot today. I have my sketch of Karen done for my portrait. All it needs is paint. I think she might be a little low or centered in the composition, but it needs to be painting before I can tell. Hmm. Also got my Art History piece all sketched out. The assignment is to create a piece inspired by something were learned in class AND to incorporate a part of the new 511 building. So I was inspired by Bronzino's Portrait of a Young Man. It is a portrait of a man of books and intellectual society. And with further description it led me naturally into what I am going to do: a portrait of Stephen Fry based on the pose of Bronzino's work. I'm VERY happy with how the face is looking. The pose is a good copy, considering I had adapt it for Mr. Fry's figure. The book his hand is draped on I will try to make into one of his, and I changed one of the carved faces in the piece into Hugh Laurie's face. The background is the 511 building. It fits...decently enough. I can't wait to start painting it. Which will happen tomorrow as it is due way too soon, but I won't rush it. I have faith in my ability and speed(thanks to Annie).

Finished watching Requiem for a Dream. The ending is so horrible. So tragic.

Watched a bit more Black Books. That series is so amazing. So hilarious.

No comments: