hi

hi

Thursday, May 1, 2008

But I don't wanna

Today became sort of a rest day. Oh I worked, but not as hard as I have been working. Tomorrow I will be right back at it, starting work on one of my final portraits. Or my art history final. One of those.

Went to Mia's final thesis proposal. She made a book containing illustrations pertaining to the recovery and situation of youth being diagnosed with cancer. It was inspired by a friend of hers. Really beautiful work. I saw her outside the room and she said, "Oh good, you came," and when I went into her presentation room it was packed full! I tried my best to keep my lollipop opening quiet, but I still got a dirty look from Matt. No one else though.

After the lecture I went about printing. Which ended up being a total flop. Somewhere along the line I screwed my plate up and when it came to printing, it ended up being one big mess. I think it had to do with too little lithotene. I worked from 10 to 1:30, with a little break for food. I still did two prints, but they look like crap. I have about 8 of the first ones left so I can't really flub up the next time. Sucks! I don't like being set back like this. And that was a lot of time used up. BAAAH!!

I went to another thesis proposal. It was a series of illustrations about Detroit done by someone who has only spent three weeks there. Lindsay was going to make sure the person did it right. She says he did. Saw a lot of the comic people at the lecture. Daniel was there are both of them. He shaved down his beard into a HUGE moustache. It...is huge.

Walked home with Lindsay. I felt really tired so I took a nap while she went out to First Thursday. Ibanez napped with me. Ibanez, however, did not join me for dinner. Then I loaded up some youtube, popped in Requiem for a Dream, and set about finishing my sequential narrative piece for painting (not at all finals related, just a piece I haven't finished but it isn't due till the end so that is alright).

One thing I was watching was this show called Black Books. It has Dylan Moran as a book seller and general loaf with his accountant and friend from the shop next door. It is British and hilarious. I watched about five episodes tonight while painting. Great work that.

Got an email from mum suggesting I stay in the dorms another year.

No comments: