hi

hi

Saturday, March 1, 2008

prevues of coming attractions

I just saw In Bruges. Amazing film, I loved it. In fact I would go so far as to say it is one of my ten favorite films of all time. It really got to me and even now, a few hours after seeing it, I still feel affected by the film. It is really misadvertised. It is being played as a hitmen in hiding film, which it is, but it is so much more than that. I had heard that it was spectacular and this was why I didn't wait for it to be at a larger theatre I was familiar with, I went to see it at Cinema 21. Actually, Cinema 21 ended up being really close and easy to get to, I sometimes think the 20+ blocks on the west side are farther away than they really are. The cinema was a little cozy one theatre place with cheap concessions and compfy seats. I think I may just become a regular (it is also a few blocks from Michael's new place and hes one of my movie buddies so whoo). 2008 is a great year for movies. The movie was set in Bruges and featured so much of the beautiful architecture and paintings. I really want to go to Belgium now.

The museum trip was cancelled due to excessive homework constraints. I rode off into a well lit Portland day and picked up more paper from Art Media. Outside the store I was greeted with rain. As I rode furter, more rain. I was very nicely wet when I arrived at school. Riding was hell as I could barely see from all the rain in my eyes. I am so good about having my rain pants with me, but this time was a horrible exception. The print lab isn't exceptionally warm either.

Matt stopped by the lab for a visit as I was trimming my paper and etching my plate. My edition of my etching is all screwed up, not one are the same size so I should correct that so they are all equal. Waste a lot of paper in doing so but I need to be more careful about lining up my prints. My other plates are having issues retaining their ink so I have to figure out how I am going to manipulate the ink so they are not all light and hazy and generally bad looking. I need to take a break from the bigfoot plate because right now it looks sort of crappy now that I have etched it. Baaah, I'm started to stress, this is no good!

Then I went to see In Bruges by myself. Really quick ride home (and clear) and actually coming back on 18th seems easier than coming back on 13th.

No comments: