hi

hi

Monday, February 25, 2008

we be jammin

Karen is vile. She keeps luring me into comic jams. Not as late as last nights jam but still, a jam none the less. Today was full of stuff so I didn't get to do a separate post for Yesterday...

Yesterday

I slept in. Like I normally do on Saturday. This week really took it out of me and when Friday rolls around I am exhausted and I hate the fact I have to work. It isn't that great when I can't sleep in before my shift. My sleep schedule is really out of order and having that lit class tucked in right there are the end...bah. But yeah, I slept in. I lounged about. I read. I watched MORE Project Runway. I am almost done with season four (just the finale and the wrestling episode) and I think season two is next. Lindsay came home early but she wasn't up for Clue.

I didn't apply on my moustache (nor have I looked at the photos from the Clue Party) but I did straighten my hair. Just trying out a different look. We started late because Diana was held up making sweet potato fries. She was an awesome Mrs. White. She also told us that we were still playing Clue wrong and with the "correct" rules, it still took us two hours to complete one game. I guessed myself out early so I could make some Gyoza (my final batch, it was a hit). We played the next game as a shorter, house rules Clue game. Kris was there, he was Sergeant Gray and looked downright adorable. I must say, he and Kristen are cute together.

After the second game most of the people left but we managed to lure Diana into crashing at Karens for the night and so we comic jammed! The pieces sort of fell apart when we got to the 2:15 am mark but they were still hilarious. The one I started had some horrible/really deep dialogue, Diana's involved this kid eating plants and his family was demonic, and Karen's was about me "getting a clue". Yeah it was super fun. I leant some blankets and pillows to Diana and then went to bed.

But before I slept, I saw a big TV in the free zone. I plugged it in and it was unable to turn on so I left a note saying, "Next time leave a TV that turns in without a remote." And drew a frowning self portrait. Then I slept.

Today

Set my alarm to go off at 11. If I didn't I would sleep through the game afternoon Karen set up as part of her RA duties. Also I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I was up that late. I pretty much got up, showered, got dressed, and went straight to helping Karen set up.

It wasn't a big turn out (Karen, Michal, and Myself...oh and amazingly Lindsay came down for it, that was awesome) but to those who showed up, we had our picks of the left over food. I have TWO BIG THINGS OF JUICE!! TWO!! And some pita chips. Whoo. Awesome. We played Pay Day. Karen beat us completely but I came in at a fairly decent second. I think the next RA arranged event will be a Comic Jam.

After the game session Lindsay and I cleaned house a little and we brought up the dresser that was left in the free zone in the parking garage. It is a pretty decent dresser; no spider webs or weird smells. We will use it for general supplies that we can't stuff else where (ie: probably my stuff). My lamp is on top of it and now our living room actually has nice lighting. Amazing! We took a quick trip to Safeway. I ate a couple Otter Pops and Fruit Roll-Ups(they were on sale). We watched Project Runway. And then I went up to Karens.

I worked on my painting and then she was all, "Oh Trillian, take a break. Work on this jam comic. You need to let your painting dry." And I caved and worked on a comic with her. SHES VILE! A vile vile woman. But she fed me so...I had to oblige.

I'm going to throw a "how to make gyoza like Trillian (even though it is Llyw's recipe)" party. Basically, I show people how to make the filling and how to put it in the wrapper and how to fry it and how to wrap it for the freezer. All that stuff, and if they pay me they can take some filling home with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Muahahaha!(insert more evil cackles here)