hi

hi

Friday, February 15, 2008

two questions: answer one

Computer still having issues. Nathan can't provide any answers. Dang, what am I going to do?

Comic lit had a great discussion about Persepolis. However, Trevor has a problem in his question asking. Sometimes he puts two questions together and then people only answer and focus on the second one. I wanted to talk about my feelings towards the veil but we skipped over it for the second question. I think that Americans have a problem both with trying to humanize Middle Easterners and with having such vivid representations of Religion. Yes the full body veil is extreme but it isn't like we don't have extremists in our own culture of sorts. It is how some people show their faith, I may not agree with how they do it but that is up to them. No one should be forced to represent themselves a certain way either. And every time he mentioned how popular it was, I thought that it probably isn't once you step out of your circle. In Bremerton, who would read a comic about a girl living in Iran in the 80's?

But yeah, pretty good discussion. There is some strong groupings in the class so I feel a little left out but that should change.

We got out early so I just went home. I got yet another package today, this one from mom and dad. It was a box of delicious (seemingly selected by choice) See's! They look so great, and as I have been eating them they have been great. Whhooo!!

Lindsay and I had a long talk about what I didn't get to discuss in my lit class. I left for work a little late, but I had to find my key pass so I have a good reason.

Work was very very dull. Really dull. I got everything done, even though I have that nagging feeling I was missing something. We ran out of trash bags so I couldn't finish that job. I had to locate my broom and dust pan (people keep taking them). The trash bags in the MFA studios were full up. During my break I accidentally took a nap. During my extended break I read Gaiman and McKean's Violent Cases and this other comic I forget the title of (Matt leant them to me). The artwork was great in both of them. Nice quick reads. I also finished up Warren Ellis' Crooked Little Vein. Yeah he really should stick to comics, the book was fast paced but a little dull and the writing's quality was uneven and was leaning more towards the shoddy side. But still, I finished a book! Finally! Now to resume a book I have totally forgotten about. Raw Shark Texts seems good to pick up (I read a few pages, which were awesome).

Film night was cancelled so I rode up. Lindsay and I decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner so first we tried West Cafe but they were full for the night. So we trekked over to Masu and had some GREAT sushi. We had tuna, shrimp, uhm..something with cream cheese and a "caterpillar". Really good stuff, the chefs really know what they are doing. A little pricey but it was worth it. Masu is such a nice little place tucked away on Burnside.

We returned home and played some makeshift games of Yahtzee. Very fun, never have played it before. Ibanez was freaking out. Then Lindsay left to go see live painting at a club a friend of hers works at and I stayed in and watched Lost and House! Lost is great again. Really drawing me in and there doesn't seem to be any filler. The flashback was brilliant. Sayid had a few too many walking-toward-the-camera-all-gung-ho moments. Love this show, but not enough to really bother watching it as it airs, the online television quality is too good. How could I ever watch fuzzy TV again?

Time to sleep. I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Have real homework and outside of class projects to work on. Was going to hang out with Chelsey at some point. Oh and read some more because reading is awesome!

No comments: