hi

hi

Friday, February 15, 2008

Jen Lee knows Kung Fu

I am having computer issues. Nothing to do with the internet or running programs. Mostly just for some reason I am blocked from getting into my main account, where all my files are. Yeah, it really sucks. It might have something to do with my drives desire to be a backup. Anyway, it is no fun using the guest account to do all my work from. I talked to Nathan about getting it sorted out and I couldn't do all the steps so it is still stuck. Then Nathan vanished so I couldn't ask him about it. Tomorrow I will ask.

Drawing class was one long critique for our collages and still life’s turned something else. It went pretty well. Modou liked my Bigfoot and suggested an artist to me. Some said more than others. Some people irked other people. It took me a while to start saying anything but I eventually got into the groove. I like being in a class with a wider variety of people, it really makes the discussions about the work more personal. There were a fair number of people missing again. One didn't return during break (probably didn't do the assignment).

Karen and I took part in the installation going on and texted back and forth (it is a cable system with clothes pins and paper). After that I sat at a table on the second level and chatted with Karen and Chelsey. Chelsey said I should talk about her more in my blog. So yeah, Chelsey is a really cool person. She went to CK, my rival High School. She is taller than me, she cuts her own hair, is undecided about her major, lives with Mel in Goose Hollow... Uhm. Yeah she is really neat.

I finished Bigfoot and sprayed him and then went home. I deposited some cashola in the bank and when I arrived home I encountered my computer being a little prat. I spent about an hour and then gave up and read some of Fun House. I finished Epileptic. It was a very sad comic. Almost hopeless but still strong. It is so personal that it is almost hard to imagine all of it existing.

I returned to school early and returned some library books (three were returned, I still have about seven at home). Then I sat about with Kristen, Chelsey, and some other cool people. They made Valentines and I pretended to read Persepolis (I've read it already, I just need to review it for class tomorrow). Classes got out and so I booked it to my painting class. Well not booked it, but I can't really take some of the PNCA crowds. They are nice people, I am just not a crowd person.

Situating myself in the corner, I ended up not leaving room for Karen or Jen to sit near me so they made their own little duo elsewhere. My painting needs some work but the mist does blend nicely. I am beyond pleased with how the mountain men turned out. Go me! Some really great work present in the class. And someone kept freaking out whenever they were approached. I don't like naming names but...yeah. She needs to chill. The assignments in the class are so fun now, I can't wait for more! It really is an illustration course.

I met up with Jim after class and he walked me home (aww, sweet I know) and we sat about, ate dinner, and chatted for a few hours. There was some venting all around about various frustrations. Lindsay brought home a delicious cake. After giving me one of his woodblock prints, Jim headed home to work on an essay.

Karen beckoned me up to her place and I finished my Persepolis response (it needs some work, but oh well) there. After that, and some cupcakes Jen brought, we sat about and girl talked for hours.

Pretty busy and pretty fun. Tomorrow is Friday. Another long one as well (they all will be pretty long, but I love me some movie night). I don't plan to print though, just read and nap.

No comments: