hi

hi

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Gondry makes me smile

Lindsay and I went to see the new Michel Gondry film Be Kind Rewind. Gondry has such an amazing ability to make simple, striking, and beautiful films. He doesn't make films that cater to the mass public ideals and that might be why this film isn't getting praise from all over. Sure it had some slow moments but at the end I wanted to cry from both sorrow and happiness. This movie really...it really moved me. The characters were portrayed perfectly and the scenes where they created the movies were wonderful! Just creativity. I love how Gondry thinks.

Alex Cahill, in class, said something along the lines of that because he left his comic simple and open to interpretation that people considered him a smarty pants. Something like that, I got a good chuckle. It was an okay class, I couldn't contribute much (sometimes I feel that it isn't an open discussion but more of a wait for the right answer). I was also very tired so I started to nod off.

Rode home to fetch my key card to get into the studios. I couldn't find it and was late to work because of the long search. When I got to work they had restocked the disinfectant, sponges, and toilet paper, but someone had borrowed my broom and dust pan and didn't return it! So I couldn't do my full job, and I have so much time I can do my full job. Whoever did that is a jerk.

One of the MFA's (the redheaded one with sharp sideburns) had these goggles with red blinky lights in them that when turned on and worn with your eyes shut they produce this really disorienting/beautiful personal light show. I started seeing green after a minute. Supposedly you are supposed to do it for 14 minutes.

I am forcing myself to start reading Palahniuk's Choke again. It gives me the same feeling as it did when I stopped reading it (the feeling that it is progressing slowly and going nowhere) but I am going to push myself. I bought it, I should read it.

Lost was another great episode. I knew it was Aaron! Oh and that whole Locke introducing himself to Miles scene was genius. Ohhh I can't wait for more! I waited years for this kind of quality from the show.

No comments: