hi

hi

Monday, February 18, 2008

over/under whelmed

Another Karen-centric day today. I adore Karen, I'm so glad she is at Goose Hollow now. It makes it bearable and I want to stick around so we can hang out more. We finished up our painting assignments together and went for a walk together around the neighborhood just as it was getting dark. We walked up the hill past all the posh houses and picked out which ones we liked best (both were tall, narrow buildings). In between looking at the nice houses we looked at the amazing view up on the hill. So many lights but they don't overwhelm the sky. We crossed over the overlook bridge and checked out some more houses before making our way into the park. It was about 6:30 at this time so it was mostly dark. We swung on the swings and sat on the see-saws. We lay over the pivot point trying to balance ourselves and talked about our views on the world and stuff. We eventually got a little chilled (the night was unusually warm) and headed back. We will probably take more night-ish walks because this area is really beautiful and peaceful.

I swung by my place, talked with Lindsay, grabbed my rice and headed up to Karen's for dinner. I had to make a second trip back to my place to get the cooker. My rice and Karen's beans, lettuce, and cheese made for tasty dinner when combined in a tortilla. Jen Lee was also there, finishing her piece for class. We put on 10 Things I Hate About You after I read the song lyrics in Jen's sketchbook.

I drew in her sketchbook as we recited lines from the movie. It was a fun time and the first Ledger movie I have seen since his death. So sad.

Then we watched some stuff off of YouTube. While waiting for it to load I danced to some of Karen's iTunes. Purely for Jen and Karen's enjoyment. Also as proof that they should NEVER take me dancing.

Earlier in the day I finished reading Fun House. The metaphors are consistent throughout and there is no resolution. Okay it is a memoir but it is a little overly open and leaves so much out. It as almost as if it was done too soon. I don't think I got much else accomplished today. That was bad of me. Shoot.

I have been listening to Battles today (or is it The Battles). Awesome music there; thanks go to Chris for the introduction to their sound (as well as Kaizers Orchestra).

No comments: