hi

hi

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

like pushing yourself through paint

Just replied to mom about that last post. Yeah, she didn't approve but I don't feel like I was in the wrong (and if I can't see a car, there isn't much I can do). Anyway, feel free to leave a comment on my blog instead of e-mailing me.

Anywhoo, onto daily business. Whoo, Wednesday! Printmaking! Actually not as fun as it normally is. Mostly a work day and it was focused on my softground...which I am not that psyched about. There ended up being some etching in places I didn't want it to be and I had to burnish it a little but it still came up with some texture. I'll have to sand and steel wool it. Daaang. Also the picture isn't as cool as I thought it would end up being. I also have to come up with the sugarlift design. I'm not behind, just a little lost for ideas right now.

Comic Book Club was very eventful. There were some minor(maybe major) disputes but it looks like our plans for an in-the-commons comic jam are under way! It will rock. We also did three mini comic jams during the meeting; they revolved around a bass player turned part way into a crab, why pizza is delicious, and someone meeting an alien. We actually did something in the club for once, wonderful!

Casey Oney was on his stomach, pushing a box of leaking paint in circles through the commons.

I received a package from home filled with goodies and food! Annie's Pasta, Pocky, Tiger's Milk (milked from tigers), sesame crackers, Sweethearts, Botan and Jell-O galore! Even with that I needed milk and eggs and a few other things so Lindsay and I hit up Safeway. We barely got home with all our bags. As we were trudging we noticed the lunar eclipse that was happening.

We dropped our stuff off and went to the 16th floor in the Tower to get a better view. You can see so much of Portland from up there (like the convention center) and the moon was eclipsed exquistely. Then after ten minutes we got bored and went down and put away our groceries. I kicked back and ate some udon with egg added and then went up to Karen's for a comic jam.

A comic jam is when you draw a panel and pass the page to someone else. Karen and I were just passing back and forth between each other. The comic I started ended up being a match between Karen and Jen Lee (Karen was walking backwards through the whole comic) and the one Karen started was about a failed romance between a fisherman and a mermaid. We are so doing more of these.

This morning I had one of those half awake/half asleep dreams. In it dad was coming to visit so I had to be very good about getting everything done ahead of time. Then I woke up fully and remembered that dad was not going to visit soon. Then I became sad.

No comments: