hi

hi

Friday, January 18, 2008

om nom nom (gyoza edition)

I made Gyoza tonight! Whoo! Llyw gave me a recipe and I thought it would be a good thing to make for my birthday. Spent a lot of time shopping at Fred Meyer, probably more than I should have. I was buying vegetables and I became aware of the fact that I wasn't really clear what certain vegetables look like. Namely green onions. I found them eventually, as with all the other ingredients. All in all, it didn't cost too much to get the supplies for a quadruple recipe that will last for hundreds and hundreds of gyoza. I'll probably run out of wrappers first...have to pick up some more tomorrow. Took me about an hour from boiling the cabbage first to frying up the initial batch. A long time sure, but the second batch took about fifteen minutes to make. The time consuming part is mixing the filling, and if you make tons of it then you are set for a week's worth of tasty gyoza. And let me tell you, they were TASTY! Fried up quick, came off hot and juicy. I'll have to make up tons of them tomorrow so they will be ready to fry up day of. Whoo!!

Today I rolled out of bed with the aid of my alarm clock. I have to get myself on a schedule again. I rolled out of bed and then made a nest for myself on the couch and started reading Persepolis. Before I knew it, I was over halfway done and it was 3:00pm. I had stuff to do! So I got cleaned up, wrote up my grocery list, and nabbed my paycheck to deposit. Easy enough to deposit it at key bank. I was planning to go to Trader Joe's for the gyoza fixings but Fred Meyers was right there.

Persepolis is fantastic. I wish I knew more of the history that went along with the story. Brilliant and poignant and very important in the terms of right now. Highly suggested for anyone who reads.

After the gyoza I watched some Twin Peaks. I am so sick of the James story line right now, every time it switches to him I wish I could fast forward but I have no idea if all this stuff will end up being important or not. Only a couple episodes left.

No comments: