hi

hi

Sunday, August 12, 2012

an incident

That was. I don't know what that was.

At around 8pm I heard shouting from the San Lorenzo side of the street. This one woman yelling about narcs and disrespect. She was moving towards the Barson end, in some sort of retreat/walk away, but a couple people followed, and more people followed them. I don't know if they just wanted to make sure she left, because if there was a confrontation it happened out of my line of sight. She didn't seem to come to any violence. But she came back, screaming more about family and disrespect, east side, and throwing out threats. A man in the group she was yelling at lifted his shirt to expose his stomach. I don't know if he was showing her something, if it was some threat signal I'm unaware of, a taunt...or what. She eventually left for good, and what appeared to be a policeman on a motorcycle rolled down the street.

I don't know what I'm feeling. It seems like some form of shock. Again, as I am not in a gang I don't think I have much to directly fear. I'm on the far end of the street, opposite where the drive by occurred.

I'm just going to play it safe; play it cautious. Janet has lived in this house for 15 years. It can't be all bad? Would you stay in the same bad neighborhood for fifteen years? Especially if you were a renter, and were not tied to a mortgage.

I took the compost out. Took the trash out. Took care of my skin. Ate food. Tidied up. The rest of the day was pretty good.

*****

I made the above post about 45 minutes after it happened. I've had some time to calm down. If I wasn't home, I wouldn't have know what happened. If I wasn't home when the cops inquired if I knew anything about the shooting, I probably wouldn't have known about it either. It's amazing how ignorant a person can be of things if they are not around to witness them. I shall continue on. Cautious, yes, but optimistic.

Things get bad, but things get better if given enough time.

No comments: