hi

hi

Thursday, August 16, 2012

from Roland to Rincewind

At work I made the suggestion to make a test print of gradients, so that we have a reference in the future (we were working with gradient underbases and it was tricky) and the bossman liked the idea. Hurray! Good suggestions from me! It's always good to put forward ideas. Yay me.

It was a long shift, as the set up for the job was complex. I caught shirts and burned and taped screens. Always with the burning of screens. I was also shown how to mix ink. It was a weight measurement type system. 1000 grams of ink, and the division of the inks within that.

I finished The Gunslinger. Pretty good, though very much an establishing story. Not interesting enough on its own, but a good set up for the rest of the Dark Tower series. Moved on to Colour of Magic. I think I'll alternate between Discworld and Dark Tower books. Both are a lot shorter than Reamde, which was nearly 40 hours, and I only listen to my MP3 player for about a third of my shift duties. When I'm catching, reclaiming, washing out, or assisting directly in any capacity, I turn the player off. Cleaning the ink, burning, and taping are the main audiobook friendly duties at work.

Got home 8ish. Ate some carbs. Watched some 10th Kingdom. Tomorrow I think I'll be cleaning screens and catching, and then the day after that I visit home! The last time I saw my parents, I just was offered the job, and the time before that I was leaving to California to find a job. It looks up more every time I see them!

No comments: