hi

hi

Saturday, June 23, 2012

I am here, and I like it

Brave! Carmen, Josh, and I went to see Brave and it was super cute and heart warming and the animation was lovely. Nice to see a movie about the mother/daughter bond. And it was funny, and I was grinning throughout. Maybe not as deep as Pixar's other movies, but still quality.

They went somewhere for dinner. I got a crepe. Yummy crepe.

Work was shirts and cleaning. I caught the first side, because the glue was fresh and hard to pull off the pallets, and pulled the front side when the pallets had been broken in a bit. I just don't have the tug and snap down, aka the removal process, for when the glue hasn't been softened by lint. I'll get it though! I want to become super good at what I do. I think I'll spend some time this weekend writing down all the procedures of different things I've learned, just so I have notes, because when I have notes I'll remember this and that. Such as in which instances I tape on the squeegee side of the screen, and how far down to spread the glue on the pallets. Little things. It is important to get down the procedure for the things I only do on occasion, though as it has just been a week and a few days, I'm sure over time I'll get it all down. I've gotten a lot! Still, I want to be good at what I do because I enjoy doing it, and enjoy it even more when I get it right. Confidence! I enjoy seeing my own improvement, I like feeling a part of something, I like when it all works together, I like being trusted to do things on my own. This is where I want to be, and dammit I'm going to work hard!

Didn't look at any apartments after work, but I do have some I'm checking out on Monday. I want to move somewhere where I'll be a part of a household, not just somebody that wants to rent some space.

It's the weekend! I don't think I have many errands to run. Going to buy some food, have somethings to mail...yeah! Oh I think I'll go to Ichiban Kan and look at lunchboxes, and maybe get a notebook in which to make "Trillian's Guide to Printmaking, As Written For Trillian's Use".

No comments: