hi

hi

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I'm a person with weekends now! proper weekends!

Weekend! Time to do weekend things! I slept in, and that was nice. I had eggs and tea for breakfast. Also nice. I made my weekend to do list, which involved tidying up (which I did) and to start the quest for apartments so that I can move and be all independent and stuff. Most of the Craigslist Monterey Bay listings are for Monterey and Salinas. Very few for Santa Cruz. I want to live in Santa Cruz.

I got some frozen yogurt and was walking back along Irving and ran into Phil, so we walked and talked and parted ways when he arrived at work.

In the afternoon, Carmen, Josh, and I played Kinect. I did pretty well at some of them, but horribly at the other games (we played Kinect Adventures). Still, tis fun. And we all had our own avatars that looked like us, though Carmen remarked that the face I picked for mine was way too square. After that, I got sushi for dinner and they went out to dinner and a movie. I gobbled my sushi and watched that remake movie 21 Jump Street. It was funnier than I expected it to be, though still just at the "good" marker. Nothing groundbreaking.

Then I started looking for apartments. I almost wrote "looking for jobs" but hey, I got one of those! One step at a time. I also made a "looking for apartment" posting. I'll see if that gets any response.

Tomorrow I have some shopping to do. Food stuffs mostly, and I think I'll look into getting some cheap shirts to use for work shirts. Change into them when I arrive and change out when I leave, just because I don't want to obliterate too much of my wardrobe with ink smudges. My printmaker clothes were largely left in Washington. Anyway, yeah. Stuff to do, stuff to do!

No comments: