hi

hi

Monday, June 18, 2012

chillin' in my Cadillac (shirt that is)

Blogger is doing this weird thing where it tries to log me in under my Google name, despite my account not being under Google, so it's all "do you want to make a blogger". Dangit, I've been doing this for almost five years! Let me do what I want!

Anyway. I thought today was going to be long and stressful, but it wasn't. Hurray!

I got up at 7:30am. Showered and walked down to the market to get chili makings (going to make a big pot of chili, though under a Carmen recipe, because that is tried and true and they don't have a crockpot so I can't make my chili recipe). I got a red bean paste filled bun on the way back. Drank some tea, then went to work.

I wore one of my new cheap Hanes shirts, and boy was it dirty by the days end. I'm glad I got work shirts. My first chunk of work was spent cleaning squeegees, the work stations, flood bars, spatulas, and other things. Lots of cleaning and lots of time at the sink. I wore a respirator because of the prolonged exposure to the cleaning solvents, so that was fun. I got some serious splash back from the sink, hence the dirty shirt. I'll heat set it next time we turn the heater on, so that the ink won't smear in the wash. I learned how to apply pallet peel to the printing pallets. And learned the shop method for taping screens. I listened to my audio book (still on 11/22/63, though it is reaching its climax). I learned how to do heat transfers on hats. And that was pretty much it. A short work day.

I decided to not pursue the first apartment, because the rent with utilities would take up way too much of my foreseeable income, and as I don't have what appears to be an exact specific set income, I need to go as cheap as possible for rent. The second apartment ended up being occupied. So I went home! Got back at 7pm. Chilled out. Put on one of my new company branded shirts (Chris gave me a couple! Now I can represent!). Tasty ravioli was dinner.

I look at another apartment on Wednesday. Hopefully.

Tomorrow I make chili. Oh wait, I said that. But yeah. I agreed to make a meal a week, and I think I'm a couple behind, so I'm making a big one with many available servings.

You can tell I like my job, because when the alarm clock goes off, I don't think "oh I wish I had two more hours to sleep". And when I see that it is 10:30pm, I think, "oh, time to put my pajamas on!".

I'M A MATURE ADULT! WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?

No comments: