hi

hi

Sunday, April 15, 2012

sun toasted

Mmmm. Cheesecake good! Perfect end to a fun day, filled with activities and outings and a bit too much sun exposure.

At eightish, Nate and I got up and got ready for an afternoon in Aptos, California. I had some toast and tea. Chad and Oleg joined us on the day's adventure. The four of us piled into Nate's Prius and south we went to the Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Festival Thingy. We picked up a fifth person, another coworker, Allen on the way there. It was a nice drive. The sun was out, but it wasn't hot. The woods were pretty. There was a parking spot right near the entrance, and we grabbed it. Whoo!

I mostly came along just to get out of the house and see some sights. Not so much into mountain bikes. There was a large jump area set up, and a kid run, and a...different kind of run. There was also a ramp and a large inflatable pillow thing that caught people as they jumped the ramps. The vendors didn't have the most exciting of displays. I order a Louisiana hot link hot dog, which had onions and cheese on it. Yum yum! We watched the pump track people go 'round. One had a magnificent moustache. I did pretty good at guessing some of their times. During the break between the pump track competition and the main one, we walked over to a bike shop and Nathan bought a better helmet. His noggin is well protected now. Nate and Chad bought lunch (Oleg, Allen and I ordered at the same time earlier on) and we walked to the top of the main big track to get a good spot for the final show. Allen and I talked about the merits of different places in regards to zombie defense practicality. You know, normal conversation. The main show was pretty awesome. High jumps and really skilled riders. Up they went and did so many tricks. Some wiped out, but no one seemed broken. They did full flips on the bikes. Back flips, spins, that "Superman" trick. It was pretty neat. I stood in the sun for a good long while, and now my arm is pretty pink with a tan line, my neck is pink, as is my face. Not a full burn, just not a good....base either. Hahah. I'll be freckly in no time!

California is quite nice. I want to go to a beach now.

It was a nice drive back, probably because I didn't have to do the driving. Though it wasn't that far in Kitsapian terms of distance to drive. Dropped Allen off, and popped back home to relax. I did some computer stuff and ate an ice cream sandwich and chilled on the patio with the boys. We three (minus Chad) decided to go see a movie, and decided on The Raid: Redemption. Was in the mood for some mindless action, and some good old fashion Thai improbable kick box fighting. It delivered just that, with pretty good production values. Now Nate and I are eating cake and we are going to watch Game of Thrones. Yaaay!

1 comment:

Allan said...

Yeah crap I didn't put enough sunscreen on and now I'm lobster red. Incidentally, check out this creature morphed with a banana I found: http://thatsthehookup.com/headlines/new-york-comic-con-2011/attachment/img_5030/

~Allan
awrightiv at gmail