hi

hi

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Medford, OR to Redwood City, CA

I am in Redwood City! WHoo! Yeah! It is blue skies and all that wonderfulness from here on out!

But first I had to get out of Oregon. Breakfast was bagel and creme cheese, a banana, orange juice, and tea. I checked out of the Super 8, gassed up in Medford, and hit the road. Crossing the mountains was a bit slow going. The road was super gritty, and my car really shows the red mud (I need to give it a wash, make it pretty for Cali). I got passed by a truck towing a camper! I'm in a Prius with no snow tires going up hill on a very gravelly road. Of course I am going slow. Grrr.

The rest of the way was pretty easy. Really scenic views. Lots of fluffy clouds and orchards and hills and blue skies. I listened to Moon Over Morocco and enjoyed myself heartily. I pulled over into rest stops often. I snacked. Didn't get any full lunch on the road. I filled the tank up right before San Francisco, which was good because once I go to SF, the road expanded to five lanes and it was congested. I arrived right at rush hour. It never really fully came to a stand still, but dang I have never been on the road with so many cars. So not used to five lanes, and many different routes to pick. The GPS was very helpful. 101 went straight through, and I kept in all the right lanes. I paid my toll and went through San Francisco. It sure looked like a nice place, from my view from the freeway. I kept going forward, and eventually the Whipple exit appeared and BOOM I was in Redwood City. Just one exit, one right turn, then a left turn and I was at Nate's place! Really simple. I left Medford at 10am, and arrived just a little bit before 6pm.

Nate's place is pretty sweet. It is a lot larger than the photos initially indicated. The bed/divider section of the studio is only half the space. Lots of open space. Moving all my stuff in took no time at all. I think a lot of my things will be left in their boxes for the time being, they just will be stowed in more orderly fashion. Nate went back to work, and I unpacked and hooked up to the super fast internet. It is so fast!

I Googled "food" in regards to my location, and walked to the nearest Thai place and got take away, and I walked back. Ahhh it is so awesome to be within walking distance of things again. Love it. I shared my dinner with Nathan when he returned. We watched Game of Thrones, ate pad thai, drank beer, and ate cake and had a general good time. Whoo! Now Nate is wanting me to play some of his computer games, so I shall do that.