hi

hi

Sunday, October 2, 2011

people of the law

Uhg, I feel a bit ill. Need to eat more. All alone here in Seabeck. Anywaaay.

Saturday:

Got up and showered and packed for my night in Seattle. It was a nice day, but I still threw on a light sweater under my trademark leather jacket. Parked in a garage at the Bremerton ferry. A mutt dog with no name tag followed me for a few blocks before wandering off elsewhere. I ran into an old high school chum on the ferry: Amber Parypa! She, her boyfriend, and I sat and caught up and discussed old times, or rather discussed trying to remember anything that happened in High School. It was a really unremarkable time at Klahowya Secondary School.

It was sprinkling lightly when I got off the ferry, but nothing too inconvenient. Sam and I walked up to Pike's Place Market. I bought some doughnuts to eat. So good. We saw the gum wall, which was gross and interesting. Then we caught the bus into Fremont. He lives just a couple blocks from the Fremont Troll. It is a really nice little apartment. Cozy. His roommate wasn't there.

Sam introduced me to a new game called Agricola. It is Dominion meets Settlers of Catan meets...something else. Lots of set up, but once I got the rules it was pretty fun. By the time you start getting ahead in the game, it is over. A big balancing act. We played several games of it, and then Sam made curry for dinner. It was delicccious. Chicken and rice and potatoes and mushrooms. So much good stuff. After dinner, we caught a bus into the North East U District to go to a classmate of his' house party. It took a lot of walking around to find the apartment, but it was a nice night for it.

At the party I met Evan, Chris, John, Jason, and Brittany. Look how good I am with names! Drank some beer, ate some chips, talked about what law they are all going into, talked about Washington. We migrated to a pub and had a delicious round there. I really liked how social they all were. I'm missing that. The people in my OC classes are not so social. I try to be friendly. Try really hard. It just ain't working. Meh oh well.

We caught the bus back into Fremont.

Sunday:

Sam used some leftovers and sausage to make a delicious scramble. By the time we finished eating it, and took a gander at the ferry schedule, it was time to head downtown! Left him in Fremont and got on the bus to the ferry. Played on the portable Nintendo on the way back. Filled my gas tank up and headed home.

Ma and Pa are at Pulali tonight, so it is just me in this big old house. I didn't feel so good, so I nibbled on food and wrapped myself up in a blanket and settled in for some television. Dexter, Breaking Bad, and so on.

Another school week starts. Not so enthused. Hope I feel better tomorrow.

Saturday's Portrait is: Robert Anton Wilson.
Sunday's Portrait is: Craig Thompson.

No comments: