hi

hi

Sunday, September 25, 2011

sister pine

Aww man, I waited too long in the day and now it is late and I am tired but I need to blog because I actually got out of the house and did something.

Got up early because I thought we would be leaving at noon and I need to get up at least three hours early to be prepared for anything. But it turns out it didn't need to be that soon. So it gave me time to do stuff. Huzzah!

Like neat toast and drink tea.

Then ma and I were in the car and off to catch the Bainbridge Island ferry for Seattle! It was a lovely day on and off. I drew up the map and gave mom directions, and they were super good directions too.

Anyway, we arrived at Linda's house right on time for the ladies tea! Sister Pine, Linda's daughter, was visiting. She is a Zen Buddhist nun under Thich Nhat Hanh, and is touring around right now spreading the word of thought and community and peace and all that great phenomenal wonderful stuff. I listened intently to what she said and we talked a bit about community and art and things. She had such a good energy about her. It was a real awesome pleasure to have met her.

Afterwards, ma and I stopped by the University Bookstore and I got Peace is Every Breath (a Thich Nhat Hanh book). Such a nice bookstore, though I prefer places like Powell's where you can find cheap beaten up used copies next to new ones. Much better to impulse buy lots of things, when it is set up like that.

We got stuck in traffic on the way out of town but made the Bremerton ferry with a few minutes to spare. My back had a crick in it all day. That sucked.

But meeting Sister Pine, that was spectacular.

Doctor Who was really awesome. A good fun episode. Sad there is only one left in the season and I've heard so many different stories about when the next season will be. Still, very good!

Now I am really tired and I can't believe that is the time.

OH, I also cut and sewed my San Juan Islands shirt into a tank top. It looks great. I should buy more shirts in larger sizes just to modify them to suit my needs better. It is a proper solution.

Todays Portrait Is: Lily Cole.

No comments: