hi

hi

Saturday, February 5, 2011

improv???

Blissfilled wonderful sleep. Mornings free of panic and worry. Great feelings. But now I just realized how much I have to accomplish tomorrow. Oops oh well.

Had a breakfast of bagel and tea. Need to go shopping. Tomorrow. I'll do that tomorrow.

Rode down to the library to get a new library card since I can't find my old one. Did that. Went to Josephine's Dry Goods and bought some new buttons to sew onto my pea coat (a coat that has been in need of buttons for years). All though the coat is so old and worn and was cheap to begin with...but buttons will spruce it up!

After that I coasted to a couple other places looking for something but I forget what because I couldn't find it. Treated myself to a cupcake from Cupcake Jones. Uber big cupcake. Then went home.

Finished Clash of Kings. AHhhh that final chapter! I don't get it! What was that? Time to start listening to Storm of Swords.

Tonight, thanks to PNCA, I got a free ticket to see The Mitch Show at Bodyvox. I wasn't quite sure what it would be, because the description was sort of vague. Improv? Video? I knew there would be audience participation, and I was down for that. So I went there. Met Carrie and her sister Jenny. My seat was front row center pretty much. He showed us some of his funny videos, that were perfectly hilarious. Then he had us all stand up and one by one sit down if an answer to a series of his questions applied to us. I got out with "I updated my Facebook status today" but not the ones about checking email since you had been in the theater and knowingly eating gluten free. The first major audience participation thing I volunteered for. We were all given mp3 players and headphones and a beanie to keep them on. The players were started at the same time and gave each of the five volunteers stage directions and lines to say. It all synced up and we all played parts of this play, even though it was totally new to us. And I must say it was FUN. I just wish I could have watched us do it. I played a mutant chasing a gang of teenagers, a person doing the twist, some person trying to pull someone through a time vortex, a lady in 1812 and a gunslinger! It was awesome. Everyone on stage really hammed it up and went for it. I had a blast, and was sad that it finished. Technology has really revolutionized things. There was another thing where he made a guitar hero esque game except with laughing that we all played. So when our laugh came up, we did it. It made an interesting audience coordination. There was ALSO a bit where he lined up people in the formation of bowling pins, Mitchell Rose in the front. And well explaining this thing would take too much effort so I'm not going to bother. But it was great. His videos were awesome as well. Loved it. So glad I went.

It was rainy on the way back, but I'll take rain over snow. SNL was hosted by Dana Carvey for some reason and it was pretty funny. Linkin Park was the musical guest and they were not good.

Now I'm just chilling. I think I'm going to sit in bed, sew buttons on my jacket, and listen to Game of Thrones. I'll set my alarm and get a fresh early start or something. Have a lot of reading to do and some writing as well. All though it is 750 words and pfft, thats like...nothing. Also have some drawing to do. There is also this drop off for this Thing A Day show. The drop off is on the other side of the river, and I have to photocopy my project. It will make a nice excursion. When I cruise down to my studio to pick up some stuff, I'll just keep cruising to the East side. Maybe. I might just get lazy instead...

Todays Portrait Is: Elliot Mann.

No comments: