hi

hi

Monday, January 31, 2011

newakami

I hate it when I remember that I have to actually get up earlier that I thought and it is already late. Oh well. Getting to school by 11:30 am isn't that bad. Washed my hair, which is worth noting because I keep playing the "can I go another day without washing it?" game. Long hair sucks. And my hair is prone to tangles if I don't put goop in it. The henna kept it looking really nice for a while. Hmmn. Anyway. I got to school and put in my five entries for the Society of Illustrators student competition thingy. Then I worked on adding some color to tomorrows Portraitoday. There will be a bonus post! One month down, 11 to go and my list is almost full. If there is anyone that you would like me to draw, just say so.

Oh, I also hauled my Ikea shelves that I bought ages ago down to my studio, along with my power tools. Once I buy screws, I can put them up, and then I'll have even more storage space in my studio. Whoo!

I went back home after that little school excursion. Ate some scramble. The frozen veggie kind, not the meat kind. Had some tea. Worked on my writing analysis a little more. Not sure how I feel about it. Went to class.

Good ol class. For the first bit we did some free writing. And then we went to the library and pulled up Zotero. I struggled using the software. Also I need to find my library card. Or get a new one. So we tooled around on that. Zotero is a link keeping, bibliography making type thing. Then it was break time. I chilled with Robin and Mel and met this friend of Robin's named Kiki. Back in class Joan gave us a run down of different types of thesis papers. We also discussed the difficulty of "why". "Why is this important" "why is that" "why why why". I put forward my sort of thoughts about variant printmaking in regards to the standards of editions for a mind mapping experiment. So we discussed that. Then we moved on to a good discussion of Casey Brown's thesis essay. I put forward I think the most negatives. It was apparently a high pass paper. It did flow well. My negatives were mostly about it lacking definition and explanations for certain things. It did talk about sculpture in a very accessible way for a non sculptor.

Class ended. I rode to Powell's to pick up the writing manual that we are required to get. Also the new Ryu Murakami novel is out! Hurray! So I got the 6th edition of the manual and Popular Hits of the Showa Era. So excited! I love Murakami. Author of Piercing, not Wind Up Bird Chronicles. That is Haruki Murakami. Anyway. From Powell's I went to Ace Hardware and bought some screws. Returned home finally. Ate some dinner. Worked on some stuff. Watched Lie To Me. I think I'm done with that show (all though I think it just had its season finale). There isn't a larger plot. Just Tim Roth being awesome.

Anyway, I think I'll tuck in to bed early and read my new book that I have been very excited about for months ever since I learned a new Murakami book was due in 2011.

Todays Portrait Is: Janessa Bork.

No comments: