hi

hi

Thursday, February 3, 2011

heat is needed

I'm not feeling too hot but I just drank a bunch of black tea so going to bed isn't an option. Damn. The problem with the studios at school is that every minute you spend in them feels like another minute closer to never being warm again in your life. There are overhead heaters in the open space that is used for critiques. But that doesn't do diddly for all the spaces. It is so FREAKING HORRIBLY COLD. I sit there trying to work and I have all my layers on. It seems almost warmer outside. I need to get a space heater. Maybe tomorrow I'll go over to Fred Meyers and check out their wares.

For the first hour of class we looked at our assignments. Some really great stuff was drawn. Mine was cool just not all that dynamic. I could have worked harder on it, but didn't. Josh's looked swell. Dom resolved the translation from the sketchbook image to the final really well. Nice batch of work. After that Kristin gave us a little run down about how to talk with clients and stuff.

For lunch I went to Chipotle. First lunch bought this semester, go me! Normally I'm lazy and buy lunch once to twice a week. Oh wait, I think I got pizza some other day. Err. Anyway. Back in class we talked about the website blog project we are working on. Mine is Portraitoday so I didn't really have much to offer, since I'm already on track and have the site set up and all that. It is good to be ahead on a couple things (blogging mostly) so I don't have to worry about adding another thing to my schedule that has been in my schedule for three and a half years now.

The next assignment was given. It is to do a piece for a themed blog and submit it. There is this site where people draw recipes called They Draw And Cook, and I'm going to do that one with Brynne's chili recipe! So I'll be drawing the recipe and submitting it to the site. There are other submission based things, but naaah. I'm just going with the first hunch. And I got some good sketches done. So I think this one I'll really spend time on, as I'm excited about it.

After class I froze in my studio. Checked out some books on portraiture. Took a nap. Stared at my notes trying to make some sense of thesis. I didn't think I'd be blocked like this. It SUCKS. I have a much needed meeting with Martin tomorrow. I don't know what to expect. A scolding? Maybe in the next ten minutes I'll have a breakthrough. I think I'll sit in bed and draw. Because in bed, it is warm.

Oh totally forgot to mention yoga. It was tough. Really strained my legs. We were extending in downwards facing dog the length of the mat and I'm short so I couldn't hold myself up and I flopped on the ground. Thankfully it wasn't a BIG drop. Got right into position and resumed. It felt so good though. I'm so glad yoga is back in my life. I've missed it so much. And it warmed my frozen body right up.

Todays Portrait Is: Travis Brainerd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Trill, I enjoy reading your blog. Yes, buy a heater for your studio. That's a bummer it is cold for you and, spring is coming but you need to get some work done. A simple heater @ 1600 watts max with a fan would be good.
I'm over in Korea and it's freezing here too.