hi

hi

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ooo eee ooo ah ahh ting tang walla walla bing bang

Things take longer than you anticipate them to.

In student council yoga three times a week was approved. Yay! Now I have another thing to structure my week, and more fitness in my regimen. I'm running low on food again. Need to go shopping. I'm pretty much just in pasta mode right now. Bah. Pasta and bagels. After student council I put up the shelves in my studio. It took a little longer than I was expecting but they look great. Now I have a place for books and other things. I can't put too much on them, as they are just screwed into the studio walls. Still, it is good to have them. My studio looks so great. It's all colorful and stuff. I need to bring more layers down, because it gets randomly chilly. Just some shirts and a sweater or two. And a scarf. After the shelves I made the yoga poster for the Spring Semester. Drew the figure and then brought it into photoshop and actually added color. I figured that since it would be up all semester, I might as well put in the buck fifty that color copies cost. Not saying one costs that much, but about fifteen do. Put them up around school. They are so bright and eye catching. I think people are afraid of yoga, and what the fitness might imply. They should just get with it and do it!

After that I rode home to grab a snack. Didn't want to do yoga hungry. Returned. Put on my new Guggenheim shirt (courtesy of auntie Kirie and uncle Mark) and stretchy pants and got down to yoga. And boy am I out of it. Lots of struggle. I wonder how much I'll feel in the morning. Still, it felt good to get back into it.

Returned home. It is so easy to zip back and forth. I haven't timed it, but it certainly is less than four minutes to school and no more than six or seven back. Real quick. Spend almost more time waiting for cars on 21st and 14th than riding between the blocks. And occasionally I see a gorgeous car. But mostly there are dinky little Mazdas.

It was bright today but cold cold cold. Back to legging weather again I guess.

Worked on portraits while watching White Collar and Lights Out. If I'm going to do something unproductive like watching tellie, I might as well do something productive like draw. I'm getting faster with the portraits. Likenesses are still hit or miss. But it has only been a month. Can't imagine where I'll be in four!

Tomorrow is a sit in the studio and draw day. I have a lot of drawing that needs doing. But Wednesday is my most wide open day. No class and no yoga (which is T, Th, F). I have a lot of drawing though I don't quite know most of what I'm drawing. I'll just draw and listen to my precious audio book. Leave the computer and internet and distractions at home where they belong.

Thesis is difficult. Right now my mind is all "why didn't I think this project through a little bit better?" Oh well.

Todays Portrait Is: Becky Holladay. Bonus Portrait: Becky in color!

No comments: