hi

hi

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

back in the studio

Slept in more than I intended to. It is so hard to face a long day of work. Shouldn't feel like work. But I think it is because it isn't drawings or stuff I'm doing with confidence. It is the nitty gritty. Anyway, got up. Got my stuff together. Packed a lunch of a sandwich, apple, meringues, and almonds. I put on many layers, planning to not need them. But the studio remained horribly cold all damn day. I was in shirt, light sweater, hoodie, and jacket pretty much non stop. Sometimes I had my scarf on. Listened to a lot of Clash of Kings. I'm now two thirds of the way through it just about. It is so good! So scandalous and magical and awesome. The first half of the first book is set up, and it has been non stop pay off ever since.

Worked on the text for my poster. Worked on finalizing a type face based on my hand writing. It was just a lot of careful lettering, but I've settled on my letters now. So that is good. Not sure how they will work on a bold scale. But I can always work on them and make them bold. Still not sure what I will say in the essay. Had a nice talk with Dom about thesis stuff. He is a rad dude to bounce ideas off of. Anyway. Worked on my letters. Then I read a bit from the Turabian book of technical things for thesis. Printed out the paper I have to read. Went to Safeway and picked up some food stores to leave in the studio for snack emergencies (pop tarts and propel and snickers). It is good to have food on hand. Worked on my stuff for Illustration. Didn't have references on hand for the rest of it. So I went home. To finally get warm.

I watched pretty much all of Downtown Abbey tonight. Thankfully I wrote most of this post at around 10pm, so now that it is 3am I won't be exhaustedly hammering out my days stuff. Downtown Abbey is FANTASTIC! Period drama. Great cast. Great costumes. Ahhh perfect show to watch while I draw stuff and ink stuff and otherwise do stuff that seems to take longer than it should. This piece looks so awkward. Totally not senior level stuff. Don't know whats up with that. I'm probably just tired.

Todays Portrait Is: Josh Ramp.

1 comment:

Matty (Owner) said...

http://handyphotography.blogspot.com/