hi

hi

Sunday, December 5, 2010

trees and do do do do do do

Mmm microwave pad thai. Almost as good as the real thing...almost.

In retrospect I should have put up some of the stuff I scanned today. I'll do that tomorrow or something.

Had my tea and scrambled egg breakfast. Sluggish start. But then I put on Misfits and Sons of Anarchy and I started drawing. Started drawing trees. I drew five different panels of trees. One was 3"x6", then 3x8, 3x10, 3x12, and 3x14 or something like that. The different trees would pan across at different scales and rates, creating movement and depth. Pencil sketches, then pen inked, then shaded with pencil yet again. Took a fair amount of work to draw and line, but scanning and inputting it into video will produce some pretty art. And I don't have to draw that big to make the animation, as the resolution is just 720x480.

So I got that drawn. Went to school around 6. Said hi to Karen who was working on painting her thesis room back to white. Then I scanned and removed the backgrounds in some of the images and colored them and tidied them up and put them into AfterEffects. And it all went really smoothly! No major issues or anything. I'm really pleased with the foundation I have right now. I just have to draw, scan, and drop stuff in. Jon was in the lab as well. Karen was impressed by my animation and asked me to show her some AfterEffects basics during break.

My goal was to get the foundation done, and I did. So I went home. Popped some frozen pad thai in the microwave, and now I've consumed that, and I'm working on finishing the Ninkasi Brewing Company Sleighr Dark Double Ale that I bought for my chili. It's already lost a bit of its luster since yesterday. But it does hit the spot on this Sunday night. Now I'm just waiting on Walking Dead to finish, and Boardwalk Empire. Mmm. Season finales for both of those I think.

No comments: