hi

hi

Saturday, December 11, 2010

oh god the fingernails

Karen passed on Ikea today because a part of her essay vanished and she had to dig through autosave to recover it. Oh well.

Finished my chili. Went to yoga. It was intense. Lots of deep stretches that really got me in a bind (ha). Just Diana, Fawn and myself. Pigeon. Mermaid. Cow face. King pigeon. It was good. Very good. I really felt it. Deep in the joints and muscles.

Afterwards I hobbled home, put my laundry in the basket, and then realized I didn't have enough change for laundry. Karen then contacted me to inform me of her victory over thesis paper recovery. She was really freaking out, so I said that if she picked me up, I'd treat her to some hot wings (within reason, not going to buy her 30 wings). So at around 7:30, Karen, BT, and Phil picked me up and we went out for wings! Hurray! Went to Fire on the Mountain. I got mild wings instead of the not spicy sweet BBQ. I ravished them. Karen and BT got tenders. Interesting choice.

On the way back I asked to be dropped off at Powell's. Some books for presents were too much, but I did get some things for some people. After Powell's, I wandered over to Fox Tower. There was a line and the late showings of Black Swan were selling out. Thankfully they added more. Rollyn arrived, we got our tickets (dutch), and bypassed the line for the 10:20 showing and got our pick of the seats for the 10:15 (which didn't have a noticeable line). Sweet.

Okay, Black Swan was intense. While Enter the Void was a slow exhausting burn, this was a too-afraid-to-bite-nails tense psychological masterpiece. Every moment was pregnant with tension and terror. Natalie Portman should just get that Oscar. She was magnificent. Brilliant movie. Acted with precision. Beautiful. But damn, I don't think I'll be able to watch it for a while. Too much fingernail related harm. And just general "I'm going to have a heart attack NOW" feelings. Very good. Very very good. Five sold out screenings I believe. Wonderful. Rollyn drove me home, and now I need to figure out my plan for tomorrow. Forgot I was going to hang out with Bekka. I can still hang and go to Ikea. I'll just get a later start on printing...not ideal but I need the frames for presents.

Thesis zine...wrapping paper. I can do that tomorrow. A long day in the studio. I'm fine with that. Once I get the frames, I can do that once finals are over. I have a few days to relax.

No comments: