hi

hi

Sunday, September 5, 2010

robin's egg blue

I organized my books by color today. Unfortunately I have put too many books into storage so there is a lot of open space on my shelves. But that is a good thing. More space means more space for more books! Color organizing looks really nice but you really have to know your books to keep track of things. I might reorganize it later for practicality, but it is a quick solution to tie what was a sloppy shelf before.

Karen came over and I fed her lasagna. We walked over to William Temple House to check out tables. They had some but I can probably find better. She got some snacks on Trader Joe's and then we went to the studio for painting fun! Well we stopped by Ace Hardware so I could get a roller and tray and some coat hooks. Then we went to the studio to paint. I painted all three walls all the way up a lovely robin's egg blue. It really really stands out because most of the rest of the studios are insanely white and mostly not moved into. Ali also joined Dom, Jon, and Sivonna. Nathan Henry-Silva moved into the studio across from mine. I also painted a little edge on the floor, sort of to cover up where I bonked the floor with the roller. I also did some creative splatters. I still have some paint left. At first I kind of wanted to paint the whole floor, but I don't think I will. Well...I'll see how it looks tomorrow. A lot of work and a lot of fumes. But I'm very happy with it.

Afterwards we picked up Lacey and went to Karen, BT, and Phil's for craft and art and getting stuff done night. I finished my animation, Lacey sketches some stuff for a wood block, BT painted, Tabitha and her friend Dan drew and Mel also drew. I did thumbprints and drew little things with the print to make them into things. Like the Top Gear guys, the Doctor from Doctor Who, both Zodiac, the Buffy cast, and other things. It was a lot of fun.

I picked the last bit of scab off today! It is now just dry skin and a couple nicks where I prematurely pulled scab off. Whooo!

Tomorrow is more studio prep time. I need a table....

No comments: