hi

hi

Friday, September 10, 2010

Nightshade won

Cherish and I went to Ikea today! In exchange for the car trip, I bought her lunch. Delicious meat balls. I ate them at just the right time because I didn't need to really eat anything huge for the rest of the day. I should have...but I didn't get really hungry again.

I picked up an extension cord and some bag clasps and a little table. A nice little 20$ thing with a white top and red legs. Now with a table I can haul art stuff down and get started at making it a legitimate studio. But yeah, it was a fruitful little trip. Picked up more tea lights as well. Ikea is perfect for things you were not even aware you needed (like clips).

Ran some more errands. Got some birthday cards, a present, and a book. Now I'm really wary of the streetcar tracks.

I borrowed a power drill to assemble my table. So excited! Whoo table! Tidied things up and went home. Chilled with Kristen. We went to William Temple House to pick up some second hand mix and match wine glasses. We got caught up in the clothes aisle. Got a great Hawaiian shirt, a long sleeve Banana Republic shirt (for like six bucks! it is in great shape too) and a hat for 2$ that is seriously awesome. White with black band. Then I got some glasses. Ha.

Japanther was playing with Nightshade at The Works tonight to start off the Time Based Arts festival. I rode my bike over to Mel's and we caught the 15 together. The line outside The Works (the venue for shows and installations at the old Washington High School) was lengthy when we got there and it doubled as we waited. Doors didn't open till 10:15 and really that was just letting the crowd amass. We got through in a decent amount of time. A lot of fluids were tossed at the door.

There were some seats in the front to the left and we grabbed them. The venue filled up. The stage was set up with a huge sheet of paper blocking the performers. All we could see was the sheet, which a paper cut out puppet show was projected onto. Nightshade did all the cut out animations and blended it with the occasional silhouette of one of the two bandmembers in Night Shade. There were some other living people but mostly cut outs. FANTASTIC AMAZING CUTOUTS! It was great. We stayed standing in our seats, not wanting to get into the crowd at the stage. Which was good, because the security was insane. They pulled tons of people and even hauled a couple that were dancing a little too much out of the crowd. They also left the lights on a bit, which made it harder to see the puppets. Still, the 30 minute show was fabulous. Lots of energy and great artwork. They tore down the paper in the end and did another song. Mel and I left. She hugged one of her friends in Nightshade. We chatted with a couple people and went to catch the last 15 back into town.

This huge group of Goose Hollow kids started to crowd at the stop, so we walked up two blocks to the stop before it. HA! The bus didn't overfill, but it was nice to get good seats at the front. It was a nice walk back to my bike and Mel's place. Stopped for some Sprite. Now just to relax. Some more celebrating tomorrow night but a pretty open day. Set out my chocolate croissants. In 9 hours, those will be ready to cook. Yum!

No comments: