hi

hi

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

iWhatever


I got injured on the 18th. That took a long long time. Nearly three weeks, though I only have enough pictures to count to nearly two weeks. I thought I posted every night...

Oh well! Another school week starts. Went to school and used up my TBA voucher. I decided to see the more dancerly performances, as I prefer those over women taping fish to their arms (seriously, this is in the Time Based Arts festival, it is David Sedaris' 12 Moments In The Life of and Artist). Took forever because it seemed like some of the people getting tickets had no idea what they wanted to see when it came to getting to the front of the line. I went quite quick. I am skipping Mike Daisy because I don't want to listen to him rant for two hours about the iPad. He is a smart man and a good performer, but I just don't want to hear it.

Then I went to the animation lab and found all the stations in use, so I went to the computer and fiddled around. There was a recorder audio thingy job through Student Services that was listed so I went to Rachel Allen and threw my hat into the ring. Five other people are interested, so I don't know the chances. But it pays 10$ an hour for 2-10 hours a work a week. That would be sweet.

I brought my animation into iMovie Motion Capture or whatever the iHell it is called. I went home, ate some microwave mac and cheese and an apple, went back to school. I love leaving my bike in my studio because when it starts pouring rain, my bike stays dry! And it sure rained. A miserable real rain. I didn't think I would have to haul my rain pants out of storage so soon. Or my sweaters.

In Professional Practices we asked questions about setting up a studio, and got many many lists about things to think about, sites to look into, and other basic real world freelance stuff. We also talked about thesis ideas and I, ever brave I suppose, went first. The idea first on my mind is to create a guide to the people in my life. This would incorporate drawing people, which I like, and drawing people I know, which people I know like. And it could potentially touch on subject of the psychology of loving seeing yourself in art, and also how we formulate friendships these days because some of the research of my guide would be aided by my blog, which has a comprehensive list of when and where I meet people and what we do. It is also something that has no real cap to the art I could make. Yeah. Other people piped in their ideas.

We got out a little early. And it was miserable. My hair was dripping wet after only 10 blocks of riding. Changed pants, dried my hair, ate some more carbs, and relaxed.

It was a lot of fun with Kristen and Mel last night. And now I'll be skint on Friday and let other people buy her stuff. I'll probably just have a burger. Huber's has really cheap happy hour burgers. Like 3 bucks.

I love having a studio. I can just drop stuff off an not worry about it. Straight after class tomorrow I'm going to see Panda Bear at Crystal Ballroom with Kevin. It is at 13th and Burnside, which is just 8 or so blocks from school. I'll just drop my stuff off in the studio, meet him there, have fun, come back to the studio and cut up Johnson and crash. Not sure if I want to walk or ride to the venue, as I'm a bit worried about living my bike in a more high profile area. I'm getting really cautious because I've heard of several wheel thefts. I think dad did something that makes the tire harder to steal, and as it is a non standard tire...but it is also a tan tire and thus quite flashy. Hmmm. But it is only 8 blocks and I shouldn't be a wuss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy day. We appreciate hearing how you are getting along. I just used wire tie wraps to hold the quick release handles down.

JS