hi

hi

Monday, September 13, 2010

always and forever jerome bel

Saw my third Jerome Bel piece tonight. Saw a performance of his a few TBA's ago and a video as well. Brilliant little choreographer. It's hard to do the "I'm going to stand and look at the audience and be really minimal" thing right. But that wasn't what Cedric Andrieux was about. The piece was named after its sole performer and I was almost front row center for it. Just a little off center and it was an amazing place to be. For 90 minutes we heard the story about the career of Cedric. How he started dancing. Auditions. Joining companies. Joining Merce Cunningham. He gave dance performances as well. Some of his old auditions. The warm ups. I tell you what, I've never been so close to a man in a unitard before. It was amazing and he made near eye contact with everyone in the audience. So talented. So...cutely accented. So so blonde. Tee hee.

But anyway, it was amazing. I was sad the audience wasn't fuller. I think most people just don't know how when Jerome Bel's name shows up in TBA YOU GO SEE IT. Just brilliant. Hearing about 20 years of a life, and how 8 years of hard work can be so minimalized into a chunk. It is interesting that every day is different in someway, but all the work you do in months and years has the potential to not be notable outside of a whole concept of the years...I mean when you have to boil your life down...what gets removed is fascinating.

It was a nice ride to and from the Winningstad Theater. I really love my bike. I feel like I can feel every little grit and piece about it. Like when it goes shuffly for a bit then stops. Like a twig gets caught somewhere and dislodges. It is so much lighter and I can just cruise through town on it. Really lovely.

And I love my studio as well! I just go down to it. Put on something...and the hours melt away. I'm pretty much done with my animation. I want to get it photographed tomorrow so I can see how it moves and if I need to change anything. I also have some writing and more sketching to do. But that is okay because the studio just oozes productive energy. I don't have Gare. St Lazare Players Ireland till 8:30 pm. So that is a good amount of time. I'll bring down some lasagna and headphones because I don't think everyone nearby (see: Joey and Israel), even when it is down, wants to listen to Top Gear. Haha.

Yeah. So I slept in. Ate some oatmeal and salad and snacks. Went to studio. Drew drew drew. Ate some toast. Went to show. Enjoyed it so so much. Relaxed with True Blood (ohkay lame ending, could have been so much more) and Mad Men (odd monologue but good episode).

Now to...sleep I guess. I'll set my alarm because my body needs to temporarily get back on schedule. Having a private sanctuary on 14th&Johnson really makes it easy to be productive. It is my place in a me color and it is mine to make art in. I can't wait to return to it. I need to spend more time there. Even with a computer and wifi, I feel less distracted. And the table is a nice little size.

Things are good. They really are.

This studio, my new apartment, my beloved bike Margaret, and the Time Based Arts Festival are resetting my emotions and it feels so very good.

No comments: