hi

hi

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

tacos!

10:53pm. Get on a good track of writing early, instead of...later.

Got up at a good time. Showered. Clothed. Unfortunately summer has decided to be over and the weather now sucks. IT RAINED! Like, during the day! Lame! Anyway, got to school. At 11 was a mandatory meeting for all seniors. The Stevens Front was full of familiar faces and holy crap we are seniors now! It doesn't seem that long ago that we were just starting out.

Anyway, Linda the head of senior stuff gave us the run down. A semester lasts 16 weeks. Week 14 is focus week. By week 10 we need to have our idea, and some idea who we want on our panel. Also we need to start getting our presentation done at that time because there will be tons of practice when it comes to the presentations. We got a packet that runs it all down for us. A big thick packet. Well not that big, as it was printed on heavy paper. There was some chatter about the Professional Practices classes and then it was studio assignment time! We scattered. I found where Karen and Heather Birdsong were and picked a studio near where they are. Jon, Sivonna, and Dom occupied the studio that has the wall, and shares the divider with me. Israel Lund and Joey Lusterman are in the sections on the other side of me. I don't have someone in the studio in my little area yet. Eva was going to be there but she changed her mind to a studio that had her own outlet (I had one).

I plan on picking up a miss mixed thing of paint and to do up my studio nice and pretty. I'll also need a table. Should have thought of that. William Temple House! Here I come! After picking the studios, Madeline and I went back to my place for lunch. We got some beef and lettuce and taco shells and made delicious tacos! It was just the right portion. We gobbled them down and talked about Mad Men and True Blood. Then I did a chunk of the dishes, we watched Martin Sheen on Top Gear. Wait. Michael Sheen. The Brit.

Then we went back to school for Professional Practices. We met Iskra Johnson, one of our new co-teachers. She had a bloody amazing portfolio of letter design. She had a good humor. Professional Practices is all about getting ready for thesis and knowing fully about yourself as an artist. It also touches on billing and marketing yourself. It had another packet of information. Our first assignment is an inspiration analysis of sorts. We got out early.

Dom and I hung out in our studios, letting our bikes dry off and waiting for the rain to subside. We chatted about plans and played cards. Justin came by and we chatted as well. Once it cleared up I went home. Did more dishes. Watched Top Gear. Relaxed. Ate dinner. And now I must prepare for bed. Now, because it is what you have all been waiting for, my leg:


It's allllmost there. Mostly just a big scab that can't be picked just yet. It grows smaller every day.

No comments: