hi

hi

Friday, September 3, 2010

flash first thursday

The people were running the leaf blower in the courtyard at like 9am. ARGH! But it got me awake and up before 11pm, which is good.

Oatmeal. Emergen-C. Yum. Put my paperwork in a file folder.

Kristen and I went to Fred Meyer's for some shopping. Trader Joe's is great, but if you want cheaper cheese then you really have to go elsewhere. I got supplies to make a delicious lasagna. Kevin was coming over for dinner and then we were going to see Mesrine: Killer Instinct (part one, Mesrine: Public Enemy #1 is part two). But back to lasagna. I bought cheesy sauce and spinach sauce and cooked up the rest of my beef and put that in and damn did it look good. Threw it in the oven and real quick went to PNCA to see Robin's show.

Robin has greatly expanded her houses at night portraits and got a show in the BFA gallery at school! Great location. Thousands will see her art, and they should because she is awesome. Kristen and I also got her flowers for her accomplishment. Go Robin! I chatted briefly and then headed back. That was it for my First Thursday adventures. I was home not a minute before the timer went off. Perfect!

Removed the foil. Cooked it some more. Did dishes. Kevin came over with a nice bottle of wine and a salad and dinner was wonderful. The lasagna cooked just perfect. Full of flavor. Can't wait to eat more of it. But shhh, don't tell people I enjoyed something with spinach in it. Mesrine was intense. It didn't try to paint a sympathetic picture of the criminal Mesrine. Not at all. Vincent Cassel was spectacular and there were some beautiful shots. I simply MUST see part two. Thankfully it is the next movie show at Cinema 21...and it starts tomorrow!

We parted ways after the movie and that was that. Nice little date. I keep having the feeling like I planned to do something, but I don't know what. Oh well. Sleep time!

Look at that! Just a little bit of scab left! Hurrah! Two more days and it should be gone. The red patch is receding and the pale, new skin is replacing it. I don't think even the knee will scar all that much, if at all. And the shin probably will be just peachy, if a bit shiny for a while.

No comments: